What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

we watched the mini series collision last night, very well done.

check it out if you can get it online

Masterpiece Contemporary: Collision

2009NR 5 episodes

In the wake of a six-car crash that leaves two people dead, Detective Inspector John Tolin (Douglas Henshall) and Senior Investigating Officer Ann Stallwood (Kate Ashfield) launch an investigation that unearths dark personal secrets, corporate crime and even murder. Meanwhile, Tolin and Stallwood must deal with their own relationship and come to terms with their past in this "Masterpiece" program.

Alright, so when people talk about Guy Ritchie they always talk about 'Snatch.' And it's not a bad film. Even with Brad 'my ass is so over-rated' Pitt.

But have you seen RocknRolla? It got worse reviews than Snatch. A lot of critics panned. But I love this movie. With every ounce of my miserable apathetic existence I tell you that this film is a great one.

Is that subtle enough? ;)

Ps. I'm glad he got away from Madonna.

U0wQXw-UtSE

Sat down and watched barfly again, if no one has watched this film you should see it. Charles Bukowski even makes an appearance in the film himself, and Mickey Rourke's performance was of a very high order :beer:

Don't care much for Mickey Rourke, but agree he did alright here. Film was made on a shoestring budget and one neat thing about it is -- the bulk of it was shot in a dive bar on Alvarado street (rough part of LA running the edge of K-town and downtown, intersecting with Macarthur Park, not where you want to be strolling alone at night), where Bukowski spent several years of his life as a drunk. Many of the extras were recruited from the neighborhood.

Bukowski wrote a small novel about making the film, it's funny and surreal -- definitely doesn't portray hollyweird in the most glamorous light. Worth reading if you have the opportunity.