Tailor for women?

Sakai

Easy. Queen Thai Silk. ...Also an impressive expat customer list ala Jesse & Victor.

...Cheers,

SD

Can confirm that. My sister was here a couple of years ago and Jesse sent us there. She had 3 western style business suits made, and since then there as been a parade of her friends coming to Thailand. The first stop for all is go get measured.

;)

TH

Jesse from Rajawongse?

If so then Queen Thai Silk is surely a good place as I have always been satisfied with Jesse's production. (actually I wear their shirts, pants, suits all day long)

Thanks for the tip ThaiHome and Suadum

I walked into Rajawongse once. He showed me what was supposed to be super 180s italian fabric. He then quoted me such a ridiculously low price that I just couldn't trust him. I smiled and walked out. A well-dressed hi-so acquaintance recommended a place called July Tailor. Actually, he recommended I not get suits tailored in Bangkok at all but if I must, he said go to July. However, the suits start at $600 and go up quickly. Haven't tried it out personally.

For cheaper work, there is a chinese/thai tailor in Thong Lor that I have used. Name is ForChong. It is a small shop recommended by a female thai friend who gets all of her clothes made there. I've only had pants and shirts made but they were perfect fit, flattering cut and cheaper than the Indians. Also, they do the work in-house and the proprieter is a tailor not just a salesguy. I can't remember exactly where it is so maybe someone can help out but not more than a few blocks from the BTS. However, turnaround time is a bit slow and it will help to bring a thai speaker (although I did it solo). I thought it was a great find and I think it is worth the effort to seek him out if you plan on having several pieces done.

Archived