Simple Customs Question?

Neon Ninja

i went through customs in LOS more than a hundred times and never declared anything!

Hi' date='

I agree with you :thumbup: :thumbup: I walked a 100 times like you :):) , with just a single trolly bag & laptop and no one stopped... these guys would stop if you have large bags and too many bags pushing the airport trolly out thru the green channel. :(:( ...

cheers

[/quote']

Since the new airport opened there has been a definite change. I related my experience before.

I haven't been through customs 100 times but certainly 60 or 70 times.

I go through at least once a year with two suitcases with 50 pounds apiece (used to be 70 pounds) and a carryon. Last year, I brought 4 like sized suitcases and couldn't see over the top of the trolly (I looked around it). Always walk through the green line (nothing to declare) and they only stopped me one time. Six years ago, I brought back in a large box 4 dining room hutch doors that i had bought in Thailand and they had to be repaired, so I brought them back. Customs asked me what was in the box and I told them and they told me to walk on. Before the prohibition of liquids in carryons, I brought back 8 bottles of whisky. If you bring back liquor in duty free b ags that customs can see, they might want to check them. I did have a Thai official look through my suitcases 7-8 years ago as I was checking in to leave LOS. They were looking for buddas.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Ireland/N. Ireland and have never been stopped at any train/bus station. I don't know how much I look like your average Irishman/Scot but about 4 years ago, I spent 3 months in Edinburgh and made day trips to Dublin every Tuesday, with no luggage. I did cheat going through immigration by going through the E.U. line, which was much shorter since you didn't have to stop for the officer to look at your passport. Luckly for me, I was never pulled over for the officer to look at my U.S. passport.

Archived