Omni Towers

persil

I'm considering staying at Omni Tower in Soi 4 tomorrow, because of good price and carpark available.

But I vaguely remember something I read about construction nearby causing noise.

Anyone stayed there recently? Or anyone been nearby who can advise on that?

Construction noise was no problem, I think that probably related to the new Ibis hotel nextdoors, and that is now open.

Omni: I booked via Tim at THD, who gave me an excellent price, even better than he advertised, I paid 1650 Bt.

Although it is the same hotel chain as Somerset Lakepoint, it is not quite in that class, but adequate. It is obviously a bit older then some, but not shabby yet, and perfectly adequate, especially for that price. We had the smallest room I think, but more then enough space. No shower, only bath with curtain which I don't like, but the water was hot and plentyful. All lights and appliances worked. Ordinary TV, no big plasma. Kettle to make coffee, fridge with water and no minibar. Wifi but you pay for it. Basic breakfast included in the price. When I get to BKK, I park my car in the hotel carpark (One reason I chose this one is that many other cheaper hotels have no parking, such as Dawin) and leave it there during my stay, using motorcy to get to the corner and BTS/MRT to get around, occasionally a cab. All the taxis passing through that part of Soi 4 refused to use the meter for a trip to Central Chitlom, I tried about 8 of them.

Overall, I'll stay ther again if I want to stay in that area. I previously stayed at Dynasty Grande, a little more luxurious, but 2300 now without breakfast, which for two peopel would raise the cost to about 2600. I have better things to spend the 1000 difference on!

Thanks Tim.

Archived