How did you get a job in LoS?

Is it frowned upon by your employers to go out knobbing bar girls during your leisure time or is it best to keep "stum"? :shhh:

Itâ??s not something that comes up in general conversation, though I have gone out with some co-workers who participate.

We have actually had more problems with guys getting into embarrassing situations in the Philippines and China and having to leave. In some 20 years we have had an office here no one has been run out of Thailand.

TH

TH

some thai collegues like to 'brag' about how bad a night on the 'prowl' can go. e.g. sitting in a club with gals getting drunk & then later on taking a gal to a motel where she drug rubbed the guy :hmmm:

yeah pretty normal around here apparently (for thais) :beer:

I have had two jobs in the LOS.

My first was found off of jobsdb.com. I moved to Bangkok, found the cheapest apartment I could, and budgeted myself for a 12 month stay. WIthin 3 months I had found a job in sunny phuket and was off to the south for about 18 months. Thai company, low pay, excellent lifestyle....

My second job was found off of a popular job board in America and was a 1 year contract that got extended by 4 months. Nice job, American owned Thai staffed, good benefits, ok pay.

I get an email alert from jobsdb and I reply to those that I think I fit, but I don't think people take it seriously when I tell them I am in NYC. I see lots of jobs I am qualified for, but have not cleared myself for another visit.

On each visit I lost sight of what attracted me to move there and eventually 'lost it'.

Watch out for YOU! The person most responsible for ruining your stay in Thailand.

Archived