Questions about travel to Laos

Alfmaz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm finding it's cheaper to fly to Hanoi with Asia Air for $212AUD than it is to fly to Laos with Laos air for $315 US.

I need to fly as I will need the 30day Visa on entry as I'm staying a while in Thailand before heading home. How many plain have Asia Air lost anyone know I mean how good are their reputation.

I don't think Air Asia has ever had a serious accident. It is actually Thai Air Asia, if you go looking for them at the airport. That threw me the first time I flew them.

It is a no frills airline. Pile onto the plane and find yourself a seat. (I like the ones by the emergency exit, since there is more leg room.) If you want coffee or a sandwich, you'll have to pay for it. I've flown air Asia maybe half a dozen times. Only drawback I ran into was when I had about a 5 hour delay in Malaysia. The problem was on the Bangkok end (storm closed the airport), but it would have been nice if they'd told us that when we were sitting wondering what the hell was happening. Still, I'd fly them again and surely will.

p.s. Air Asia was set up by Thaksin and a Malaysian politicians. The Thai PM actually formed a new airline to compete with the national carrier whilst he was in office. Couldn't get away with that in many countries.

From Wikipedia:

November 7, 2004, AirAsia Flight 104 skidded off the runway in heavy rain after it touched down at Kota Kinabalu International Airport. Two passengers suffered minor injuries.

and

Thai AirAsia (Thai: à¹?à¸?ยà¹Âอรà¹?à¹?อà¹?à¸?ีย) is a joint venture of Malaysian low-fare airline AirAsia (Thai: à¹Âอรà¹?à¹?อà¹?à¸?ีย) and Thailand's Asia Aviation. It serves AirAsia's regularly scheduled domestic and international flights from Bangkok and other cities in Thailand.

Thai AirAsia is the only low-cost airline operating both domestic and international flights from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.[1]

Nothing to see here, worry warts. ;)

Archived