Really? No flights from Oz to Cebu?

Actually, I'm looking to go from CEB-BNE or vice-versa. It seems no one flies that route, nor anything remotely close (or I'm just not looking in the right place). Gotta go way outta the way to MNL, SIN, KUL or HKG, which I was hoping to avoid.

Any suggestions, or is this just the way it is?

Cheers,

SD

That's a tough one and, off hand, I'd say that's just the way it is. Looks like HKG is your best route, price not considered.

Used to be cool when I had all the CRS at my disposal, but I don't anymore. :(

In the meantime, Amadeus is a good place to check for schedules and availability, because it includes some of the low cost carriers in addition to the biggies.

Or perhaps Torney can be of help (mandatory :neener::neener::neener: ). :)

Yep - just one example of how poorly we are serviced from Oz. Jakarta is another one - have to go to Bali or Singapore first.

There was a regional airline making twice a week flights from Darwin to Manila, but the link disappeared as quickly as I found it. Looked the kind of airline that makes the news for all the wrong reasons, and hanging around Darwin Airport is right up there with a holiday in Vientiane.

Worked with a cute Filipina in Cairns last year - her family had to fly south to Brissie, change planes for the flight northwest to Singapore, get on another plan and fly southeast to Manila. Straight line, its less than 5000 km from Cairns to Cebu - the route she took would be double that (Cairns to Brissie alone is a 2000 km leg). Annoying, but what can you do ? Move to Singapore or KL, I guess.

Archived