Katoeys are everywhere in soi cowboy?

Somchai888

There has been a few katoeys (mostly post-ops) at Baccara for as long as I can remember. And plenty can be found at Midnite, plus the other "Arab"-owned bars. And Dundee & Joe's have always had them too. Don't know about the rest, as I've not observed them.

Just a casual stroll down the street (I rarely stop in any of the bars anymore, just sit outside & BS with mates) shows me a lot less (like none) hanging out at the ends of the soi. A couple of years back, both ends had several freelance k-toys hitting on everything that moved. But AFAIK they never caused trouble. Just annoyance.

Cheers,

SD

This information is new to me, and surprising. I thought katoeys were endemic only to a few low-end suckers' bars, not all the way "up" to Baccara.

If there is no effort to have a 100% guaranteed katoey-free bar, I guess most customers 1) Have no idea or 2) Are into that kind of thing or 3) Can tell 100% of the time. Unfortunately, I don't fall into any of those categories.

(By the way, nothing against katoeys as people; I just wish that they would be advertised as such. But truthful advertising has never been associated with Thailand, nor with prostitution.)

Archived