How to Extend 1-2-Call Expiration ?? Help!!

gawguy

As I said before, I'm rather new to mobiles.

Now I find that AIS 1-2-Call is hitting me with short expiration periods even though I have a good balance. I'm going to be going to USA for over 3 months soon. How can I keep my phone and number alive? I could leave it with a friend and have it topped up once in awhile. But even with a "promotion" it looks like 300 baht only gets you 30 days!! No good!! Is DTAC or another netword better?

Help!!

DTAC offers (was still the case 3 months ago) a SIM card which lasts for one year (was an extra 100 bht in my case).

I read somewhere there were talks about the portability of mobile numbers but AIS didn't agree.

Your best bet is to find a shop where they can understand your needs and sell you the requested product (I think AIS also has SIM cards with this option but I am not sure)

Thanks to the board member who told me how to put someone in ignore.

Other solution a friend used.

(Have the roaming activated) then use your Thai online banking to top up from abroad.

(Kasikorn for example has the option to top up your phone)

It used to be that the more money you put in, the longer the expiry. Also, the more you put in at one time, the longer (i.e., B500 card vs B300)Is this not the case now? If so, then put more money into it to cover your absence.

Looking at their website, it appears that this is true (more money = more time), and how much is dependent upon what plan you have.

Validity chart

Plans

So, call 1175 (or go to an AIS shop), and change your calling plan to get more time per refill. Looks like the "Internet-" or "Text-Lover" plans or the "Sawasdee Mae Yok" would work.

Cheers,

SD

Way back when...we had to register our phone numbers, give our passport info, etc.

I had the tee rak do this so my number is registered in a Thai's name and I get like one year when I put in 300 Baht!

My friend registered his phone number in his (farang) name and only gets like one month per refill, so I suggested he get his tee rak to register in her name...maybe working :dunno:

If you are in Bangkok, go to CENTRAL WORLD: CHIT LOM, 4th floor. There is a large AIS/1-2 Call office there where you can register your SIM(bring passport) and they can tell you what you need to do to extend for a year. I have had my number for three years, never top up more than B300 a time and all my top-ups are good for a year.

I was also able to get them to block 90% of the spam I used to get.

If you can find an English speaking clerk in a TELEWIZ shop, they can probably give you the info.

Archived