Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation: Tried it?

Wallenda

I'm just wondering how common this auto-erotic asphyxiation is.

Here's an MSNBC article that suggests it's a lot more common than we all think:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31129156/

If it is that common, it means there's probably people who are on here who've done it.

The question is, will anyone admit to it.

So far we've only heard about it in celebrity cases, which gives you the idea that it's a rich people's habit. But that article seems to say otherwise. I'm not sure what the truth is actually, just don't have much info to go on.

I mean, where would a person ever find out about auto-erotic asphyxiation? Obviously there's a certain correct way to do it -- and I doubt the ones doing it are all learning it independently by trial and error. It means there must be some source out there for learning how to do it. And maybe some 'teachers' spreading the gospel.

I also wonder how old this practice is. Like there's lots of bizarre sex in some of Marquis de Sade's books, not sure if this is one of them.

As I type here, I just remembered, I saw a Japanese film, "In the Realm of the Senses" about an obsessive sex affair that included scenes where the main characters tried it, including the final scene where the man is killed doing it. Hm. It's the kind of film Carradine would have likely seen and liked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Realm_of_the_Senses

I'd never heard about auto-erotic asphyxiation until this movie. Wonder how common it was prior, or if this movie had anything to do with its becoming more popular. It's the kind of film that plays from time to time in cinemas where they show classic foreign films (Bergman, Fellini, etc).

I should've been more specific -- how to do it exactly. Somehow I'm thinking Carlin's bit wasn't what popularized it.

Jeez he seems old and cranky in this one. Heavy on the complaining, light on the laughs. And I'm a long time fan of his.

I don't know where people pick up these things. What I do know is that people are highly creative when it comes to getting your rocks off. People will try anything, we're trysexuals!

About George Carlin: Never heard of him before this show and I think it is quite good. You have to listen to the record they made out of it, it's way better. They took out all the smal errors and hesitations, and that turned it into a powerful show - at least for me!

People will try anything, we're trysexuals!

No doubt. Last night I got a call from (what I would consider) a pretty wholesome white American girl. Knowing I go to Thailand, she mentioned the Carradine incident and I joked that it was an obvious suicide. The joke went right over her head and she replied, "No way. There was someone else involved. Been there, done that."

Which kind of surprised me. :surprised:

Re Carlin, when he's on he's amazing. He got really hot back in early 70s, and sadly there don't seem to be videos of those shows, just comedy albums (which were hugely popular -- Class Clown the biggest, I think). He came back strong in the early 90s until his death, doing lots of successful HBO shows, like in your clip. He also got into doing his website:

http://www.georgecarlin.com/

Re Milligan, yes I noticed that one in one of the articles about Carradine, it was referred to, along with Hutchence of course.

Just looking up the history of this... its been around since at least the 1600s, when people noticed that after hangings the victims often had huge erections, ejaculated, and stayed erect after death.

It's a mainstay in the BDSM community, so that's probably where the idea spreads most. Usually it's done with a partner, supposedly. They call it 'breathplay' (which has to be an all timer of euphemisms) or 'edgeplay'.

Man, I just pictured a possible scenario, David there with some Thai girl, gets himself into position, hands bound behind his back, and then full steam ahead, and just at that crucial moment she gets a cell phone call, goes out to the balcony to get better reception while David struggles inside. She jabbers away in Thai to her girlfriend while David's inside finally passing out. She comes in from the balcony, takes one look at David with his death woody, drags him into the closet, gets dressed and climbs down off the balcony to disappear into the shadows of the Penis Park. Very Tarantino way to go. (though even he wouldn't add such an over the top detail as having a penis park right outside)

Speaking of Trysexuals and Carlin, there's a current comic named Doug Stanhope who works a similar vein as Carlin -- but actually goes much further. I heard one album of his called Sicko. Tracks like The Banana Lady and the $15 Transexual Blow Job would be especially up the alley of guys who post here.

Hm, maybe he is one of the guys who post here.

I remember it used to be in the news about 10 years or so back.

A bunch of kids were doing it. One ended up dying.

Apparently the method they used, was to say sit at a table, put your elbow on the desk and grab your neck with your hand. Then just let the weight of your head press your neck against your hand until you pass out. Then hope that when you pass out you roll to the side and don't just suffocate to death.

Link

The earliest choking-game death was reported in the news in 1995. From 1995 to 2004, three or fewer such deaths were reported.

However, that number surged to 22 in 2005 and to 35 in 2006. For the first 10 months of 2007, the number declined again, to nine deaths. "It's not known whether fewer children are undertaking the activity or fewer media are reporting," Toblin said.

Archived