whats a reasonable wage for a Thai

Hi guys,

I know this field is a bit wide but what would be considered a reasonable monthly income for a female Thai who did not go to Uni but finished school, has reasonable english can use equipment such a faxes but not to bright with computers. other assets you only need to show her once and its embedded and she does not time watch. Not located in Bangkok

For reference purposes I know that our office staff (in Chang Mai/Udon Thani/Korat) are all paid "base wages" of B850 per working day. That is a 10/hr day with a 1HR paid lunch built in. This does not include the mandatory 13th month supplement and the required insurances.

Our office staff must pass basic english comprehension, office "tools" use (copier, fax, wp, calculator) and have a verifiable employment record of at least 24 months. No advanced degrees are required. Most of our non-BKK based staff are right out of school, and some have had less than a complete regimine of state-sponsored school.

Our "up country" staff are mostly office clerks doing invoice reconciliations, basic customer service, and similar routine office jobs.

In BKK most of our staff are paid a bit higher (as there are more "advanced" positions in BKK) but the minimum standards are much the same.

I have been told that for a local thai these wages are excellent or at least well above average for similar work. O know that our employee turnover rate is well below 5% annually.

--UPSer

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

PS: I know that one of the "perks" that alot of the local thais talk about is the ability to "jumpseat" for free to other places worldwide. Many of our local BKK staff have visited some of our Asian and/or US operations for a vacation of sorts.

very limited in what she can do with her skills. most office workers are university educated as are teachers. Unless a female has some skills that someone wants they seem to be paid under 10000 bhat per month. I would say your friend would be capped at about 5000 or so. Jobs in the service industry (retail) would be her best bet.

I agree, most unskilled, uneducated jobs with a near decent rate of pay tend to be found in the retail sector (department stores, brand reps. etc.)

Workers in the North and Isaan in department stores can take home up to 10000 baht a month with bonuses. This is pretty good in that part of the world, especially when compared to factory or farm work, but the working day can be in excess of 12 hours.

However, they will probably have to be good looking and young to be considered for such a position. "Over 25s and ugly people need not apply." Employment law (or lack of it) is a bit different to say the least.

Regards

Paul

To give you context...

My wife was getting about 12 000 baht per month as a Pharmacist. She also got a travel bonus of about 60 000 per year for working at a remote area sometimes.

She said Pharmacists in BOOTS etc get less than 14 000 per month.

Nurses at Government Hospitals about 8000 per month.

My sister in law is an admin girl...about 6000 baht per month.

She does typing...answer the phones...etc etc...she finished college. (not Uni)

Bangkok would be more i'd imagine...but not much...

Wow,

That certainly puts things into perspective, my partner is pulling down substantially more than the figures mentioned and I thought that perhaps she was being taken advantage of. It seems that she is being treated very fairly.

UPS'er,

Not questioning such a profitable company like UPS, but I think your rate of THB 850 per day is much bit higher than they actually pay.

Normal UPS staff in Bangkok (starting) at about 8,000 - 10,000 per month which means about THB 400 per day.

To make about THB 20,000 per month would mean the person has about 5 years experience at the company or position.

My firm:

Junior sales 12-15,000 + commissions

general office/clerical 8,000-10,000

programmers 15-25,000

All our staff are graduates

I chatted with a girl in Clinton recently who left her job as a dental nurse in Chiang Mai on about 5,500 per month-2 or 3 fucks in her new career. (5 1/2 fucks if I am paying!!)

The 850 per day is outstanding, particularly as non-graduates and up country.

• 3 weeks later...

For some good insight into thai salaries, check out the web site:

http://server2.jobthai.com/En/findresume/find_resume.html

If you go to "Search Resumes", select an appropriate target profession (and education level), up come the resumes (many in English) of various folks - including the salaries they earned, at each job listed on their employment history.

Interesting concept, since many work histories include the individuals' current job.

"Let the good times roll!"

B-Fly BKK

• [color:blue]"on about 5,500 per month-2 or 3 fucks in her new career. (5 1/2 fucks if I am paying!!)"color=blue>

5 1/2 fucks per month. You overpay! wink.gif

Archived