Secure Storage

Savittre

Hello Everyone,

I'll be flying from North America to Bangkok. After I've arrived, I want to spend a few months on the beach, but I don't want to take all of my things, most notably my laptop, to the beach with me. I'm looking for a secure place in Bangkok to store my laptop and my suitcase.

Some people may wonder why I don't leave those things at the hotel I stay at. My reason is that I'd prefer a more formal arrangement rather than taking the word of the people at the front desk. I could be on the beach for 6 months. Or more!

If you are going to leave stuff stored for 6 months I would seriously reconsider if it is worth bringing them in the first place.

Bangkok Self Storage charges 100 baht per bag per week. It's located on Rama IV, more or less at the foot of Sukhumvit soi 36.

I would suggest placing your laptop in something of little interest eg. and old suitcase as to diguise the true contents. Don't just leave in a laptop bag and store it.

I have heard these guys are the pick of the bunch but remember TIT...good luck.

Yrue Bust - something like a 8 or 16 gbyte thumb driver with U3 on it (allows you to carry around your own email, browsers and other mobile application programs) maybe a more effective solution for others.

good idea, I picked up a 64gb unit from china on ebay for under $30usd. works fine

Hi Bust and everybody,

Well, I'm bringing my laptop etc. with me because I'm not going back to North America. After I finish being a beach bum in Thailand, I'm going to look for a place to settle down permanently, either in LOS or a nearby country.

Many thanks for suggesting Bangkok Self Storage, and passing along their address. Their price is reasonable. And, as you suggested, I will definitely disguise my laptop!

Archived