Underwater camera?

Old Hippie

Can you use it with an external strobe (flash) unit?

The water will greatly reduce the power of the camera's flash, therefore, you will be very limited in the effective range of the flash.

I still use my Nikonos with flash bulbs. Lots of power but very directional and running out of flash bulbs but takes good pictures (35mm film).

With a digital camera, click away. Can you view the pics while you are underwater? If you can, great! If the pic is so-so, just take some more.

Hoping to see some of your pics posted here soon!!!

Use Canon IXY aim and shoots myself and they have great results!

Just practice, it's digital, keep shooting and learn! Do you know about the white balancing options or the underwater option that the camera offers?

In BKK you can get a Canon G10 plus u/w housing for about 25K, a real sweet deal and good camera.

I have the Canon SD900 and appropriate Canon housing for it, seems to work ok. All the button functions work, and yes I can view pictures under water. Difficult to see while practicing in the pool, as the above light washes out the screen, but in the ocean it does o.k. The housing came with a flash diffuser, which does make a difference. I will put some pictures up soon...maybe next week when I return from Monterey again, hope the water is clearer...

My only gripe about the point and shoots is the shutter lag...miss a few shots now and then, standard on most point and shoots.

Archived