Good Breakfast along Sukhumvit?

kamui

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Bourbon Street restaurant in Wash Square. Consistently good food, good range on the menu on offer, decent prices, clean and good atmosphere. I eat there most mornings I am in bangkok and never have had any complaints or problems. I usually stay on soi 20 or in that general locality and take the easy walk over each morning to Bourbon Street for breakfast, grabbing a newspaper along the way, and, after eating, stopping to use an internet cafe, or grabbing a massage at Huttahshet massage parlor (also in Wash Square), or a haircut or manicure/pedicure at the nearby hair shop across the street from Denny's Corner Bar.

Or, as someone else suggested, Lone Star or Silver Dollar are a good deal for breakfast. Depends on what you are looking for. Most hotels have crap farang breakfast really.

I usually stay on soi 20 or in that general locality and take the easy walk over each morning to Bourbon Street for breakfast, grabbing a newspaper along the way, and...

I was about to say, "Why bother buying a newspaper on your way to Bourbon Street when there's always some sitting on the bar (or on your left as you walk in)?"

Then I realized I've probably read your leftover newspapers a few times. :)

Many times I'll be buying the International Times rather than the Bangkok papers (which both the Nation and the Post are available at Bourbon Street). Also, I like to have a newspaper to read with me, not just to read over breakfast. Helps pass the time in the barbershop or on taxi rides and such to have one along, if not having a book available and in hand.

Cent

here I'm thinking 'home made' bread(s)' date=' cheese(s), egg(s), cerial(s)/yoghurt(s), fruits etc - sorta scandinavian/continental style?

:)[/quote']

THAT's what I am looking for!

Actually Grottino (swiss owner, subsoi of Soi 19) has self made bread. It's just too far away from Soi 23 - in the morning before breakfast that is. Maybe I should book a room there on my way out of SE-Asia over next weekend.

Stayed for one night at the Grottino a week ago. But missed the breakfast, since I had to leave for the airport at 5am. :(

• 2 months later...

Archived