Good Breakfast along Sukhumvit?

kamui

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah so you're after the french version is it - a croissant with an espresso? well I got no clue where that could be found :cover:

anyway I'd also be interested where a nice 'brunch' could be found & north/away from suk is ok too :)

here I'm thinking 'home made' bread(s), cheese(s), egg(s), cerial(s)/yoghurt(s), fruits etc - sorta scandinavian/continental style?

:)

Nice Brunch? Bei Otto on Soi 20 on Sundays, Plenty of breads, pastry and cheese fruit etc...as well as heavy German fare. Irish Exchange on Convent road is also very good.

There is a hotel across from Bei Otto, forget the name, which also had a decent brunch...as well as a dinner buffet...The Oriental Hotel also does a fantastic brunch.

here I'm thinking 'home made' bread(s), cheese(s), egg(s), cerial(s)/yoghurt(s), fruits etc - sorta scandinavian/continental style?

:)

THAT's what I am looking for!

Actually Grottino (swiss owner, subsoi of Soi 19) has self made bread. It's just too far away from Soi 23 - in the morning before breakfast that is. Maybe I should book a room there on my way out of SE-Asia over next weekend.

I'll second Chequers for breakfast. You've really got to be in the know to find it though, what with it's A board, neon light, laminated and mounted copy of the menu outside and its tucked away location on Soi4. :)

In Chequers in June 2009 breakfast was terrible, not the same as when I used to meet Chris there every day

I'll second Chequers for breakfast. You've really got to be in the know to find it though' date=' what with it's A board, neon light, laminated and mounted copy of the menu outside and its tucked away location on Soi4. :) [/quote']

In Chequers in June 2009 breakfast was terrible, not the same as when I used to meet Chris there every day

Hmm, yeah, I agree - it is a bit hit and miss. I can't help but think it is a baked bean problem sometimes. So often the simple stuff lets the whole side down and its so easy to skimp on decent baked beans.

The best ones are 'Brooks' over here. I'm convinced that they are even better than Heinz. But the other varieties? Agh! Great big nasty things in a too sweet sauce. Leave those in a fridge overnight and then microwave them and the result is...not very nice at all.

I tried that Irish pub a little further up one morning; very nice breakfast. Black pudding, natch.

This morning for breakfast I am mostly eating rice and fish - but I pretend it's a Full English. In me 'ead, like.

Archived