Hotel in Silom area

Cyborg

Hi,

A friend om mine who runs a travel agency asked me to look for a hotel in the Silom area on my next trip.

The hotel should not be your typical sex tourist hotel but rather for your typical "3 days in Bangkok and then down to Phuket for 2 weeks" turist.

It should be in the price range of 1000- 1500 Bath a day including breakfast.

The hotels they already sell are Tai Pan, Zenith and The Montien. So something simular......

Thanks

The Narai is a nice hotel. Good facilities, nice lobby, great breakfast buffet. I stayed there a couple of years ago and found it to be satisfactory. I also found it to be guest friendly. But, its policies may have changed since then, judging from what I have seen on the Internet. But, it may be more in the 1800 - 2000 baht / nite category.

Another hotel in this area in the price range you suggest is the Tower Inn. I have not stayed there, so I cannnot comment on its facilities.

I also stayed at Silom Village inn about 2 years ago. You might want to clarify the guest policy before commiting to it, though I don't remember any real problems. Closer to Patpong, I seem to remember The Suriwong hotel, no idea what it is like these days, but it was a great place way back when. Aavoid a place called the Rose, it is reasonably priced, but basically catwers to a Gay clientel.

I whole heartily agree with Rusty.

The Pinnacle Lumpini is great.

Stayed there for a total of two weeks a year ago April.

Don't know about guest policies though as I was with my wife.

My assumption, looking at some of the other people coming and going, is there is no problem.

Archived