Best Phuket down town hotel?

tartempion

Heading to Koh Phi Phi around 15 Jan and decided to stay 1 or 2 nights Phuket town before taking express boat.

Found Royal Phuket City hotel, 4* at 2k baht/night superior room at hotelatm.com and Phuket Merlin 3* at 1560 THB.

Guess I will book the more expensive hotel, but anyone stayed there?

Note for Tim at thaihotelsdiscounts: did not find rates for Jan 2010, also no Phi phi hotels?

Looking at booking PP Palmtree at 4k THB/night

Also best way to book ferry seems to head to pier and buy ticket before departure, seems to depart 8.30 at 350 THB whilst pre-booking at asiawebdirect asks 700 THB? :shocked:

Anyone knows return time ferry from Phi Phi?

Is it 8.30 or 9.00 arriving Phuket 10.30 or 11.00? I found conflicting information...

I have a flight booked departing Phuket 12.50, might be safe to leave day before and spend night Phuket town again or not???

Be careful in Phi Phi.

Melissa was taken to Phi Phi Hospital, but without X-ray equipment, doctors there were unable to diagnose her properly, and she was allowed to leave.

Because there are no cars on Phi Phi, she was taken back to her hotel in a motorcycle side car, and the next morning she was loaded onto a wheelbarrow and taken to the ferry wharf where she caught a boat back to Phuket.

She spent the one-hour boat trip lying on the floor of the ferry.

When she arrived in Phuket, she was taken to Bangkok Phuket Hospital where she planned to buy painkillers before flying home to South Korea.

Doctors X-rayed her spine and found she had three crushed and splintered vertebrae.

nice 'story' there but wouldn't it be better fir for another forum perhaps?

is having accidents & serious body hurts with subsequent misdiagnosis by remote/rural/unqualified doctors specific to only koh phiphi? :rolleyes:

thanks anyways - maybe melisa was/is a horny stunner LOL :)

Archived