End of an Era: No More Repeat Multiple Entry Visas?

preahko

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came in through Swampy on Friday and noticed a "Visa on Arrival" office set up just before immigration.

I don't recall seeing it before and wondered what type of visa they were offering.

The guy I was with got a 30 day exemption at immigration as per normal and my Non-Im B was accepted without comment.

My brother lives in Thailand on the retirement visa and a couple of years ago he left for a trip abroad and was stamped back in with another year when he returned as mentioned in a previous post. However he recently did the same thing and when he returned they would only stamp him in untill the date his O-A expired. Just thought I'd mention this as it was very recent and might indicate yet another change in policy?

Simie.

Or a mistake by the officer when he came in. He should go to immigration and get the entry stamp corrected. They have a desk setup just to correct entry stamps.

TH

• 1 month later...
TH, as you say very possible it was a mistake? But my brothers wife did go and speak to one of the immigration officers at thetime and they said it was correct. He can maybe ask about it next time he goes to immigration at Surin?

Simie.

The O-A visa is only valid for one year. Assuming a multiple entry visa, on entry into Thailand, and until the visa expires, each entry allows an additional “admitted until†date of 365 days. However, after the expiration of the visa each entry only allows entry for a year after the final “admitted until†date prior to the expiration of the visa. So, it sounds like your brother’s visa had expired.

-redwood

TH' date=' as you say very possible it was a mistake? But my brothers wife did go and speak to one of the immigration officers at thetime and they said it was correct. He can maybe ask about it next time he goes to immigration at Surin?

Simie. [/quote']

The O-A visa is only valid for one year. Assuming a multiple entry visa, on entry into Thailand, and until the visa expires, each entry allows an additional “admitted until†date of 365 days. However, after the expiration of the visa each entry only allows entry for a year after the final “admitted until†date prior to the expiration of the visa. So, it sounds like your brother’s visa had expired.

-redwood

Redwood, no his visa had'nt expired, had over a month left. He was stamped in up till the date the visa expired. Yet a couple of years previously he had done exactly the same thing and been given another years upon arrival. I think some of the immigration police just make the rules up as they go along or how they feel at the time?!

Simie.

When applying for an "OA" visa do I just go to a police station in my home town and ask for a police report on myself to fulfill the below requirement?

A letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record (verification shall be valid for not more than three months)

Thanks S1

Archived