visa for thai gf to australia

antjay

i want to bring my thai girlfriend to australia for a 2 wk visit to meet the family and and experience my world .if anyone has any first hand experience with this and advice on visas ect,i would love to hear from you.my lady has traveled to europe in the past to visit friends, but she had her own business at the time so had few problems getting a visa.she has since closed the business and now works from home on a chash in hand basis.

any thoughts?

Get as much evidence of relationship - show income from you to her if you do that (Bank Transfer Statements) mate did this a few weeks back they wanted HIS bank Statements as well.

Greatest fear is she doesn;t return so you need to show why she will - own business etc.

If she is doing business at home is she banking the money??

The other visa's to other countries help - it all helps can;t go in with too much info.

my experience is a bit out of date (5 years) but they used to be after 3 things.

1. that both parties are of good character

2. that you have the means to support her, eg your bank statements (they showed no interest in hers)

3. the big one..a compelling reason to return. they were going to knock her back until they saw land titles in her name. then it was no problem.

they even asked if i intended marrying the girl to which i answered " not at this stage of the relationship"

What he said :stupid:

Assure them you don't intend to marry. Show them you can afford the 2 week (or whatever time) holiday, and she'll be coming home to LOS after the trip. If you fill out the forms in advance (available online last time I did it) and print them out it can be quite quick... I did it about 6 times, some took 15 minutes at the consulate, first time took one hour plus though.

Good Luck

We just recently used keyvisa in Pattaya (not sure where you are in LOS) and had the visa awarded in under 2 weeks. She MUST have a passport but this is relatively easy if she needs to get one.

No-one was more shocked than me when we got the OK but the service from keyvisa was professional and they stepped both of us through the process. Darren (a Pom but he's OK) explained things to me and his Thai staff explained the requirements to my GF ... though Id suggest that you monitor her actions (your GF) as they can take some things too literally.

We had only known each other for 2 1/2 months and she is an EX bargirl so everything was against us.

Now she's here in Sydney with me (sleeping of course) and we'll be moving back to LOS permanently in about 3-4 wks, I hope

If you need contact details etc PM me as Im not certain of this boards policy with that

Cheers, 2SS

Archived