Possible to enter a country on the sly?

doris day

Once in Italy, I was out and about with a German guy and we drove into Slovenia, going thru the border inspection post, no problems.

We had "fun" in Slovenia and then drove back to Italy. At the border, the German discovered that he had left his passport in the hotel room in Italy!

Panic!!!

We BS'd our way into Italy using our Italian shipyard ID's...but this was before 9-11 :dunno:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the summer of 1974, I attended a Peace Corps seminar in Songkla. I'd had enough sense to bring my passport, thinking I might like to visit Malaysia. A couple of buddies decided to go across the border with me. We rented a taxi and headed for Butterworth, intending to take the ferry to Penang. It wasn't until we got to the border that I discovered my companions didn't have their passports! They only had their Peace Corps ID. Fortunately, both Malaysia and Thailand had PC vols then and we were treated sort of special. They shrugged and waved us across the border. We spent 3 or 4 days in Penang, then took the train back to Thailand. There was no record we had ever been in Malaysia.

Bet that couldn't happen now.

@ Cavanami: sorry mate!

@ Ghostdog: it's mostly about portraying security and making beliefs. I've traveled to places like Israel and the USA with inconsistency in passports and it has never been an issue. Airport security is recruited from McDonald's cashier staff, or so I like to think. Total lack of apprehension.

'hint' - once at swampy look for the international/domestic 'secret connections' - 'double hint' - would you really want to go undercover?

then when wishing to go 'overcover' again just do the opposite process i.e. enter domestic & make your way to international arrivals :hmmm: (do those 'secret' doors really exist?

Archived