CROW HOTEL Soi 8 Sukhumvit

Hamokhamok

Hi!

There is also a Crown hotel on soi 29( i think). Ten years ago it was rather popular with low budget travellers. At that time it was rather seedy and run down. If it hasn't been refurbished since I would guess that it is worse now.

regards

ALHOLK

The name is Sukhumvit Crown Hotel and it is in a small soi which connects Soi8 and Soi6. The rooms with AC are 630 B and they also have rooms on the upper floor without AC for 350 B ( a good choice, if you have a late flight and you just want to have a chance for a last shower, otherwise too hot to sleep up there). The rooms are ok, a little bit run down, but not smelly and rather clean. And they have a big window, not too noisy. No problems with guests.

"The rooms are ok, a little bit run down, but not smelly and rather clean."

Rooms were a little bit run down also 10 years ago when I last time styed there two nights. In Those days there was also 24 h coffeeshop downstairs.

I think that there are better hotels for that price, for instance Woraburi Inn, sukhumvit soi 4.

Hi!

That could well be. I haven't been there for about ten years. At that time it was a popular hotel among Swedes who prefered to spend their money on booze and women rather than fancy hotels. I don't know but I would assume that you could also rent a room per hour like in most cheap hotels.

regards

ALHOLK

I agree, the Crown Hotel is not really one to recommend, but after about the 10th time coming to Bangkok I have not yet found a really decent hotel, I would like to return to. Actually I liked one on Soi10 very much, the Ruamchit Travel Lodge, but after they stole my money out of the hotel safe there, I can only warn everybody. I would be very happy to hear about a really nice hotel in this area, quiet, clean, not smelly in the price range 500-800B. I don't care about TV, minibar, telephone, which only make the rooms expensive.

Archived