My bf the sex tourist ep last night

doris day

I think we are better off *not* knowing what they are saying .. Ms CP has thrown out the odd 'she called you a buffalo !' jibe, but I just laugh. Its Disneyland, not your boss giving you a pasting for missing a deadline.

How many people do you know who could sit around a bar for 8-12 hours a day and not come to resent the patrons ? I dont know anyone in hospitality that hasn't developed a negative attitude towards guests/diners : its a shit job with long hours and crap money anywhere, but 7k baht a month wont get you far in Bangkok today. Add the prospect of having to leave the bar with the clientele and I doubt that too many Farang could do it without drugs.

I'm not trying to play the sympathy card here - these girls could have gone to work in a factory, a salon or a clothes stall - but I saw enough of life in the bar in that 2 month stint to realise what a monotonous grind it was. Freelancers cop a lot of flak here, but they have so much more independence.

We get the picture Jack - its all an act. I still think they pull it off (so to speak..) a lot better than many Farang women. End of the day, unlike Farang women, Thai girls usually deliver whether their hearts are in it or not. It takes the occasional starfish experience to make you realise how good you've had it.

I still sensed a certain amount of finger-pointing in that doco, and it definitely wasnt toward men in general. It was toward hetero Farang punters - they didnt even mention the large segment of the industry dedicated to Japanese punters or the market for Thai guys in places like Pattaya. Sure, the focus was on the root cause of it all - poverty in the provinces and the need to find Mr CashedUp - but it gets old when the only faces they ever show you in such docos are middle-aged white males with LBFMs.

I thought it was unbiased, as Expat said, but found the thing boring as I didn't learn anything from it apart from the 'best farang husband' competition (or whatever they called it) in the province. I didn't know about that and found it pretty amusing. I don't think I'd want to take part, given the opportunity.

I thought it was unbiased, as Expat said, but found the thing boring as I didn't learn anything from it apart from the 'best farang husband' competition (or whatever they called it) in the province. I didn't know about that and found it pretty amusing. I don't think I'd want to take part, given the opportunity.

I couldn't believe those guys would take part. It was like they were monkeys in a zoo.

Archived