Sad news as I'm about to leave!

New Petchburi Pete

Some good news.

A very kind hearted 30ist ex BG I know (no i am not a former customer) met a Estonain guy last xmas. Many of her freinds and a few farang told her that the guys from there were no good and to be careful. She asked me for advise cause she really liked this guy and i said "give it a go, you never know it may be something good".

9 months later was travelling with one of her best friends through Isaan in September and we dropped by her farm. This girl and her dad are really really poor and the house was more of a shack than a house. She takes care of dad cause none of the other kids in the family do. She had just retuned from a trip to Estonia and from the photos i could see he was quite affluent. She was excited and he seemed like a good guy.

Heard nothing more until last night when i get an email from a Thai name I dont recognise, not much text in the email but some photos of my friend in one of the fineset wedding gowns i have seen looking beside herself with joy with her new husband. Made me happy to see that, she deserves a good break and i am sure she will keep him happy and be more that a loyal companion.

Really? Without knowing details of the situation beyond he slept with other women and she committed suicide? Bit of a harsh judgement to pass on another. The guy may have been a cruel prick, or she may have been mentally unstable and depressed. Or many combinations thereof --> but I wouldn't wish that on another to live with.

Spot on.

I know plenty of BGs, now north of 25, that are desperate to find a Farang "boyfriend". Nearly all of them have sponsors and most have Thai boyfriends they don't intend to to give up when they find that special Farang boyfriend.

Are they evil bitches? I don't think so. Are they good candidates for life long mates (marriage)? I don't think that either. It's much more complicated.

Most, but not all, Thai women are willing to make compromises in terms of fidelity that are unthinkable in places such as the US. They may pretend otherwise, but the truth belies the pretense.

Based on what we know here (very little), I wouldn't caste judgement on anyone.

I know plenty of BGs, now north of 25, that are desperate to find a Farang "boyfriend". Nearly all of them have sponsors and most have Thai boyfriends they don't intend to to give up when they find that special Farang boyfriend.

Are they evil bitches? I don't think so. Are they good candidates for life long mates (marriage)? I don't think that either. It's much more complicated.

Most, but not all, Thai women are willing to make compromises in terms of fidelity that are unthinkable in places such as the US. They may pretend otherwise, but the truth belies the pretense.

Yeah.

The more time I spend in LOS (and I've spent relatively little time there compared to most posters here, and would put myself on the *don't know shit* end of the spectrum) -- the more I become aware of what a product of America and the West I actually am. It's difficult for me to pick up on nuances and how the people *really* see life, and view people like me in their midst.

The environment ignites my curiosity, and I need that. Not ready to settle into a comfort zone and grow sedate just yet --> which is happening where I am. I wouldn't mind spending a year in LOS to see what happens.

But I digress. Thx for thoughtful post. Ironically, replace 'bitches' with 'bastards' in your 2cd paragraph and it (only 2cd paragraph) would sum me up pretty well.

Archived