Drug convict Gregory deported from Thailand

Mekong

Sandra Gregory, the Briton jailed in Thailand in the 1990s for drug smuggling, has been deported after trying to enter the country.

She was pardoned by the King of Thailand in 2000 after initially being sentenced to death in 1993.

The 44-year-old, of West Yorkshire, had texted friends to say she was refused entry to Thailand, despite having a valid visa.

It is understood the Thai authorities have put her on a plane to Qatar.

Gregory, of Sowerby Bridge, was caught with 86.9g of heroin inside a condom in her body at Bangkok airport in 1993.

The initial death sentence was commuted to 25 years imprisonment after she admitted the charge.

She spent four-and-a-half years in the notorious Klong Prem Prison - nicknamed the Bangkok Hilton - where she had been held in a room with 80 other women, before being transferred to a jail in Kent.

After receiving the royal pardon, she went on to gain a 2:1 honours degree in geography from Oxford University.

Friends said Gregory had gone back to Thailand to "tie up loose ends".

Friend Susan May said: "She said she loves the country despite everything that happened, and she deeply regretted what she did.

"She wanted to go back to visit friends she made in the jail and lay some ghosts to rest."

Source

What the hell was she thinking? Idiot!

Guest HonoluluJimmy

There is a dried up old surfing inst on Waikiki who did 4.5 years in BKK Hilton and go out with a 50,000 USD bribe paid for by her then dope dealing husband. He later did 15 for murder and recently passed away. I'm not using names, could do so. I was never friendly with her crew, I prefered the police at the Waikiki station as chatting pals. I one spoke to her in Thai and she turned to say F+++ them, that's all she had to say?

Archived