Xmas Dinner at Starbeam Restaurant - Surin

Central Scrutinizer

Sounds like it will be a great afternoon, Cent.

Wish you all the best with the new venture and sorry I can't be there. If I was in LOS I would be there FOR SURE!

I'll be there in spirit - no roast piggy on the menu? :smirk:

Hope it's a great day and I'll be thinking of you all having fun on the day.

Piggy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eyebee,

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you up in the City of Elephants and much slimmer agogo girls. :)

About 6 to 6 and a half hours driving. Depends when you leave Pattaya and the traffic. I an told by an Aussie mate that there is a new agogo here (now three) named Fun that is quite ... ah ... fun to visit.

Cent

Mashed potatoes with turkey? Can't you Yanks do a nice greasy roast spud?

No. Well, we can, but want to be ornary and different from our Aussie and Brit fellow expats. :nahnah: :up:

Actually, for most dishes I do baked potato with sour cream side. Much healthier and no one else here does them, always mashed or roast spuds in the other places.

Cent

All,

I also have a second floor to the restaurant which is dubbed 'The Upstairs Music and Sports Lounge'. Seating for 30 people up there. 40 seats downstairs. We are having an open mic night of music every other Friday night and bands and musicians can jam there. All are welcome to play. I have a band here now (play bass) and quite a few musician friends will be there on these open mic nights (2nd and 4th Friday night of every month). Just played yesterday up in Prakon Chai with them at Ludo's (a nice Belgian guy) place, Time Out Restaurant and Fishing Park http://www.bankadon.info/index.htm. Great fun it was. Always a fun day at Ludo's place. He also plays guitar and sings and has a good set up there with a small stage and nice PA system, etc.

We (Starbeam Restaurant) also have UBC Platinum (with ASN) and have all the sports on the tube. Also Live American Football! Have a 40" flat screen TV for this, and also another good TV downstairs to watch sports as well.

We have free Wi-Fi too. And there is plenty of parking space out front on the street. Can have 30 or so cars along the street out front with no problem.

Would love to see you guys from Thai360 whenever you find yourself up in Surin. Stop on by. 10% discount for all 360 members! :content:

Cent

Food is good - great price - but I hope he does cater to the non yank falang - will serving wenches be in "costume" ;)

Of course I cater to all our customers. I have fish and chips don't I? :) And Thai foods galore (which has been added to with some nice steaks Thai style as well, pork, beef, chicken, fish steaks they call these - good stuff, I had some the other day. Tasty!)

Serving wenches? We have no wenches. Just my wife and Deer our waitress (waitress frizzy hair with big knobs is gone now), who is married to our bartender named Love, our doctor of mixology. Dr. Love we call him. Good bartender. Wat is our daytime waiter, good guy with good skills and attitude.

We've added lots of non-alcoholic shakes and drinks to our menu as well for those that do not drink alcohol, which many of the Thai women do not. Figured to give them something different from the usual water, cola, fanta, coffee, tea choices. Mixed fruit shake, virgin mai tai, virgin pina colada, blueberry shake, watermelon shake, pineapple shake, raspberry shake, etc. All served in cocktail glasses so the ladies can have a choice of something a bit more 'sophisticated' than the usual non-alcoholic offerings at many places. They are selling well actually. For those wanting booze we have a full bar with all the cocktails and mixed drinks most would desire to quaff.

Archived