Signing Your Bills

The_Munchmaster

Last week I popped into two Kings Group Bars on Patpong, something I haven't done in a very long time, and in both cases before putting my bin in it's cup they asked me to sign it, which seems to me like a very good way of avoiding any disputes at check bin time.

I only had one drink in each, a black soda, which were a very reasonable Baht 100 compared to a very unreasonable Baht 140 outside Dollhouse on Cowboy.

Kings Group have had the signing chit system in place for about 3 years or so now. I agree it's a good idea.

Many bars are now moving over to the itemised computerised check which not only itemises what drinks you have had, how many at happy hour prices, but also prints the girl's name if you buy a lady drink. Advantage of this is there is no dispute as everything is itemised by name rather than number.

It also helps the bar when stocktaking and prevents (until staff find a way around it) ways of pilfering stock or cash. You can also check in an instant how much the bar has taken, what drinks are selling best etc etc.

Last week I popped into two Kings Group Bars on Patpong, something I haven't done in a very long time, and in both cases before putting my bin in it's cup they asked me to sign it, which seems to me like a very good way of avoiding any disputes at check bin time.

I only had one drink in each, a black soda, which were a very reasonable Baht 100 compared to a very unreasonable Baht 140 outside Dollhouse on Cowboy.

A lot of bars on Patpong have been doing that for a good 3-4 years now...it is definitely intended to avoid disputes, and specifically to calm customers' worries that they're going to get ripped off just 'cause it's Patpong...which, as you correctly note, is actually the cheapest "farang nightlife" area to drink at in BKK, by far...

Archived