A Tour of the Minor Go-Go Bars Near Royal Garden

expat

You know, Soi Post Office and Soi Yamoto, forget the numbers (13?).

There are quite a few gogos there now, 6 or 7?. It used to be my go to area when I first lived in Pattaya many years back, but back then there were fewer bars.

I went there because I was bored of the same routine. First I went into Las Vegas--near Beach Road on Soi Post Office. I felt a serious time warp. The setup was *exactly* like it had been 10 years ago. The girls were the same exact girls, though they had aged 10 years. One of them had actually died while dancing, and the pole she died on is now a petrified dancer. On the mirrors around the room were names of punters (for buying drinks?) The most recent date I could find was 2004. The girls seems like nice ladies--average age 35, average # of kids, 4, average years working in a go-go bar, 17.

At the bar were 7 or 8 gentlemen drinking. They were enjoying good conversation and beer, it appeared. Every once in a while, another guy would come in and brush off the girl who tried to grab him and make a bee line to join the jolly group of drinkers. This bar is so calcified, it's good for your teeth.

Leaving Las Vegas, I couldn't bring myself to go into Far East Rock or whatever it's called opposite. I headed up the street and entered Hot and Cold (I think that's the name). I sat for a while, I think--it's a bit foggy. A girl came and sat with me, I believe. I offered a drink and she got a beer. Looked like a Corona, so I thought I had just been screwed in the bad sense, but later it turned out it was only 130 baht. Nice lady, good body and skin--no kids, 22 years old. Seemed surprised I spoke Thai, must not get that a lot. I'd go back to this bar.

Went over to Soi Yamoto and went in the first gogo walking towards the beach from Second Road, have no idea what it's called, I am now reaching the sossed limit. Nice bar I think. Cute girl, but took until I was leaving to get her attention. Think she came over as I was leaving and I gave her a tip, but I'm not sure. Again, would like to see this place sober.

Sorry about the fuzziness of the latter part of my report, looking back on it makes me feel it's time to join Betty Ford.

Edit: I forgot, there's one more gogo, Stringfellows (I remember the name because I went in the first night it opened many moons ago and knew the owner at that time). It's now a katoey gogo. I actually amused the group of Brits drinking next to the bar by asking "Is this gogo katoey only?" to which they answered in the affirmative.

Ah, Expat...

Anything close to the Beach Road areas are packed with tourists...and a few ancient locals who can no longer walk very far ;-)

Tourists are usually clueless that there's any life inland from 2nd Rd.

So, 'Go East, young man'...try going over to the Darkside.

I thought the one opposite farEastRock was called nevada? Anyway, I visit occasionally in afternoon. Two are younger, One very pretty about 24, who is a looker, nice tits too, but doesn't really enjoy sex much. Then an approx 29 yr old, who is also not bad looking, but tiny tits, short hair, fun personality and dynamite in bed. On my list of regulars, with good reason.

YMMV

Ah, Expat...

Anything close to the Beach Road areas are packed with tourists...and a few ancient locals who can no longer walk very far ;-)

Tourists are usually clueless that there's any life inland from 2nd Rd.

So, 'Go East, young man'...try going over to the Darkside.

I keep hearing things about "The darkside".Time open a new thread!

Archived