Can I report a scamming taxi driver somewhere?

doxx

We all know BKK taxi drivers are the scum of the earth (well 90% of them), but today was especially bad. I don't want to get into details because it will make me upset again, but basically the scamming bastard drove me too far (I continuously said: let me off here, but the fucker kept driving another km) and he then refused to give any change.

Can I report him somehow? I don't feel like going to the Police, but I would like to report this man to his employer so that I hopefully can get his scamming ass fired.

Damn, I'm already upset again from typing that :)

We all know BKK taxi drivers are the scum of the earth (well 90% of them), but today was especially bad. I don't want to get into details because it will make me upset again, but basically the scamming bastard drove me too far (I continuously said: let me off here, but the fucker kept driving another km) and he then refused to give any change.

Can I report him somehow? I don't feel like going to the Police, but I would like to report this man to his employer so that I hopefully can get his scamming ass fired.

Damn, I'm already upset again from typing that :)

Call the police immediately AND his employers. I guarantee you they will come down on him like atonne of bricks and he will be fired poste haste just like in the ol US of A.

:surprised:

Inside of most Taxis there is a number listed in English if you have a complaint.Has for how they would act on a complaint I wouldn't know.

In defense of Taxi drivers in all my years in Thailand I have only had 2 problems with Taxi drivers,and I have taken taxis hundreds of times there.I would say over 90% our honest decent people.I have had more problems in my Hometown of Oakland California with Taxi drivers then in Thailand.

Most likely the taxi driver is like an independent contractor that rents the taxi from a company, so reporting him o his employer (the rental company) will do nothing.

These people who rent the taxi used to pay abut 500 Bah to rent the taxi for 12 hours and they would have to put the fuel in, so very difficult to consistently make money.

You only option would be to inform the police...good luck, as I do not see them doing much.

Now, if this was in Pattaya, you could report this to Howard (Vol. Tourist Police)...

Reagrding your scum of the earth comment...

I am not so sure about that... Sure there are some bad ones but for over 20 years I have been taking BKK Taxis and have never really had a serious problem or evena minor one. Ok... once I had to get out because he was soooooo high on Yaba that I was afraid of his ability to function/drive.

The broad brush is a bit drastic. But we all have our own set of histories so no worries

I almost never have problems with taxi drivers. Speaking fluent Thai makes a big different, but even more than that ... I try not to take taxis in the tourist areas! If a cabbie is a ripoff artist, he's going to be out looking for tourists. Whenever I do have trouble, it's when I've taken one in the nightlife areas. :(

One constant rule: always stop a moving taxi. Beware of taxis parked and waiting to pounce on a Farang. :p

p.s. As to reporting a taxi driver, sounds like a waste of time. I doubt if the cops would even be interested.

Archived