Wasnt the old tourist visa 90 days ?

gobbledonk

Heard a Thai woman at the Consulate in Brissie read a guy the riot act re the spouse visa : apparently you guys only get 90 days, and we tourists only get 60. I'm sure they gave me a 90 day visa in Laos in May 2008 - perhaps I was just ahead of this decree:

http://www.thaiconsulate.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=90&Itemid=109

Gobble

There seems to be a lot of confusion in this post where guys are talking about different types of visas instead of what the original poster asked...

He mentioned the spousal visa which is in fact 90 days..

The tourist visa to my knowledge has always been 60 days with 30 day extension regardless of location..

As to other countries getting 90 days, the example raised about getting 90 days on entry b/c of nationality is NOT a tourist visa. Entry visas at airports are exemptions to visas (most of us get 30 days) but they are not tourist visas..

As to the poster who said they got 90 days on a tourist visa in a regional country..Don't know if they made a mistake or what but hard for me to see that they would say if this nationality, they should get x days but a different one get y days..I can see it in their own home country but not as complex rules when in a regional country (laos, cambodia, etc) trying to sort out nationalities. Way too confusing for Thais to do in foreign lands and be shocked if that was/is the case...strictly speaking tourist visas not exemption to visa entry rules...

CB

Archived