Thai Tourist visa from Cambodia

cardinalblue

Anyone know the most recent situation with gaining a tourist visa from the Thai consulate in PP?

My two questions are:

1. What is the turnaround time? Has it changed?

It used to be drop it off in the morning before 12pm and pick up the next day at 3:00pm..

2. PP used to mark in red "do not apply for any more tourist visas in PP" in one's passport. Have they softened-up or are they still doing this practice?

My friend has a new USA passport so no previous Tourist visa(s) from regional countries...

Really want to return with a friend to PP, Cambodia and not to Laos or Malaysia....

CB

Maybe it's different to Europe, but I have never applied for visa for LOS. You'll receive your visa on arrival at the airport, border.

arrgggh! for once and for all, the 30-day stamp you receive upon arrival at the airport (15 days if you arrive at a land crossing) is NOT A VISA! It's a visa-less 30-day stay, given to citizens of select nations!

A Thai tourist VISA (which the OP was asking about) allows you to stay for 60 days, with a 30-day extension possible (which you can get at Thai Immigration in-country for 1,900). You cannot, however, get a tourist visa in-country, you have to get it at a Thai embassy abroad.

To actually address the OP's question: don't know if it's possible still at Thai embassy in Cambo, I never tried there because I was scared off by the same stories of difficulty in doing so that you heard. When I lived in LOS (moved back home a year and a half ago), I always got my tourist visas in Vientiane, never a problem there. I've also gotten a Thai visa in Kuala Lumpur, no problem there, either.

Maybe it's different to Europe' date=' but I have never applied for visa for LOS. You'll receive your visa on arrival at the airport, border.[/quote']

arrgggh! for once and for all, the 30-day stamp you receive upon arrival at the airport (15 days if you arrive at a land crossing) is NOT A VISA!

Oh, thanks for the clarification. :content:

Archived