Thailand, The Movie

Gadfly

Looking back over the past several years, I'd say the Thai political scene provides excellent fodder for a good movie. Perhaps a mix of Borak and Bananas.

You have Thaksin's Hitler comments. You have the attempt to assinate Abbhisit. Your have the Red blood letting. You have Suthep's comments about foreign intel on the red shirt's attempt to sabotage Thailand (even if its true, the only thing he has done has earned the eternal enimity of that foreign intel service for buring them). You have a young earnest PM. You have guys like Chalerm and Seh Daeng. You have guys like Sondhi. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Crazy stuff has been going on for years now. You have people who are supposed to be serious and cautious saying absolutely crazy stuff. You can't make this stuff up. There is some seriously great stuff here for a good movie.

And it all happens in a place with beautiful beaches, sex, drugs, violence, cons and scams - you name it, Thailand has it, all the ingredients for a great movie.

You wouldn't have to be all that creative. All you'd need to do is spend some time pulling together all the stuff together in some semi-coherent fashion. I have no film making skills and I am over employed, but if I had nothing to do and wanted to leave Farangland to do something interesting in Thailand, I would give them some very serious consideration. There is so much material here.

Archived