Nana Liquid (Disco). Any reports?

dave32

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know.

Actually seen the procession leaving Spicy and headed across the street a couple times and thought it was for food. Didn't realize until reading your post that was 'Swing.' Ha.

Had company at the time, wasn't inclined to follow the herd, but now I'll def investigate.

Thanks.

I was there starting 2000 and felt it was still good up to about 2003 -- that was the last time I was in BKK for any long period of time (2 months), and always quick visits after that of a few days here and there. But on visits back, it just seemed to get worse and worse until finally it was a totally empty club at its former prime hours (11pm to closing -- which fluctuated over the yrs but finally settled at 2am for the most part in the last years of its life). The ever increasing door fee got to be more and more of a put off for me, especially since there was a direct relationship between how high the fee went and how low the quality went. But imagine if Spicey was ALL working girls (and only working girls, not a single one there who wasn't looking to get taken) and there were more of them than male customers. And the place was crowded every night. And plenty of new talent showing up most nights. Yeah it was something.

Well, I didn't know it pre-2000 or anything--my first visit was 2003--but I think it was pretty damn fine from then up until about 2005, which if memory serves was when they upped the door price to a ridiculous 400...

I could actually count on two hands the number of times I pulled from there over the years, I just liked the parade of girls and the energy on the dance floor...

A former (working BG) girlfriend introduced me to the place, and I'm sure in retrospect she wished she hadn't...as we stood there at the edge of the dance floor on my first visit and I surveyed the ocean of BGs, she yells into my ear "welcome to Pussy Land!" haha

I will go to my grave with a couple of memories from Angels burned into my memory. One post about it being Spicy with no non P4P girls is spot on. Hell, even the bar had its own magic.

I was first there in the 1990s and most times when in Bangkok for a few days. It did go downhill for sure but daft door pricing and early closing was what killed it. Increased competition kicked it when it was down and whilst I think it has the number one position to be the best of its kind, I fear its time has gone and only a very well pitched and sustained drinks promotion will build up the clientèle and that is unlikely with Thai owners. Run till Xmas with drinks at Bt95 or thereabouts and you'll pack it out and not only late night.

It will, to those who knew it, take its place on the wall with Thermae and the Grace.

I will go to my grave with a couple of memories from Angels burned into my memory. One post about it being Spicy with no non P4P girls is spot on. Hell, even the bar had its own magic.

I was first there in the 1990s and most times when in Bangkok for a few days. It did go downhill for sure but daft door pricing and early closing was what killed it. Increased competition kicked it when it was down and whilst I think it has the number one position to be the best of its kind, I fear its time has gone and only a very well pitched and sustained drinks promotion will build up the clientèle and that is unlikely with Thai owners. Run till Xmas with drinks at Bt95 or thereabouts and you'll pack it out and not only late night.

It will, to those who knew it, take its place on the wall with Thermae and the Grace.

Wait a second..."non P4P girls at Spicy"?!? Only because they haven't admitted it yet, only because they haven't admitted it, heheh.

The Nana Liquid Disco is owned by a farang, who also owns Lucifers and Candyshop in Pattaya, is building Pleasure Dome in Pattaya, and is building another disco down by Bali Hai Plaza in Pattaya. Also, heard he bought Eden Club in Bangkok, too. I agree only a sustained drink promotion will get this place going.

Forget the drink promotion - they need a real Happy Hour : all FLers half price before midnite. The Disco could comp them drinks etc and the girls would be happy for the business at a time, in my experience, when very few are doing a great deal with their moneymakers.

Archived