Suits

skirtlifter

With so many inept or scamming tailor shops in BKK, it's nice to read that Raja and Rajawonse are still providing quality tailoring.

Though I haven't had any clothes tailored in about 8-years (little need for my mostly casual lifestyle), I still have a dozen slacks made by Raja and they are still in excellent shape and serve me well when needed for certain occasions.

OTOH, my one horrible experience with a tailor was in Chiang Mai, about 10-years ago. I'd gone to silk wholesaler and bought some exquisite and quite expensive silk to be made into shirts. I didn't ask the shop for a recommended tailor, but foolishly used a Lonely Planet recommendation. Big mistake using the LP for any recommendation, but I was more naive then!! The tailor carefully took measurements, but when I tried on the finished shirts they would have fit someone 100+ pounds more than me. They were more like tents! Upon complaining, the owners only reply was the common 'mai bpen rai'....and the silk was a total loss.

I had a great tailor when I was a PC vol. (And folks at home thought we were living like Dr Livingston in the jungle! ;) ) Unfortunately, he would get creative now and then. A colleague took in some striped material thinking it would make a nice shirt. When he went to pick up his shirt, he found the tailor had the stripes running crossways, except on the sleeves! The tailor told him he could get more use out of the material that way. :D

Juz came back from BKK. tailor made 4 shirts and 2 pants and 1 suits from Excelsior tailor.

Damage is around 15000 baht. I would say workmanship & quality is good.

Tried to take a cab down from pratunam.

My advice is take the BTS to saladaeng or Mtr to Silom and its walking distance.

The cab driver doesn't know where the tailor is and will try to take to some other place where there are few hits for him. He tried to convince me to go some place else to get tailored shirts. In the end I told him to drop me at the BTS. Will go there again for shirts on my next trip and i just realise the shop offer free pickup from hotels.

Archived