Natthawut: 'Terrorists' rebel soldiers

Flashermac

Bangkok Post

13 Apr 2010

The "terrorists" the prime minister said instigated the bloodshed on Saturday night are malcontent soldiers intent on bringing down the government, UDD leader Natthawut Saikua said on Tuesday.

He said the government should find and arrest them.

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Monday the government had evidence that "armed terrorists" aiming to bring down his government were among the red-shirt protesters on Saturday.

He said they instigated the bloodshed that resulted in 21 deaths and more than 800 people injured.

Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban also accused unidentified armed men of causing the chaos.

"The terrorists the government claimed [were there] are soldiers who do not accept the current administration causing conflict within the army," Mr Natthawut said.

"They used the opportunity on Saturday to create unrest."

He did not identify them, or offer to help with their arrest.

Rink

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UDD to distribute clips, info on red riot

The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) will distribute images, video clips and leaflets about last Saturday's bloody clashes between red-shirt protesters and soldiers to the general public, UDD co-leader Natthawut Saikua said on Tuesday.

"Red-shirt teams will give out images and information on Saturday's violence to people in different areas such as the Victory Monument and Chatuchak Park," Mr Natthawut said.

He said the anti-government group will not yield and will continue to intensify the protest until its demand for an immediate House dissolution is met.

[color:red]"On Wednesday, we [the UDD] may march to the 11th Infantry Regiment to meet Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.[/color] :content:

"And if different sides continue to keep Mr Abhisit inside, we'll parade to him," Mr Natthawut warned.

He said some television channels were providing one-sided news reports on the political situation. The red-shirts may parade the caskets to the stations to ask for clarification.

The UDD also demanded the government arrest the 'terrorists' that Prime Minister Abhisit claimed were among the red-shirts on Saturday.

Mr Abhisit said a group of armed terrorists started the bloodshed in an attempt to topple his government.

"The terrorists the government claimed [were there] are soldiers who do not accept the current administration, causing conflict within the army.

"They used the opportunity on Saturday to create unrest," Mr Natthawut said.

Rink

That's a bit unfriendly. Could the naughty old Bangkok Post be changing horses in midstream?

Could be a few people covering their arses if they think there could be a change in government soonish. :hmmm:

The Post was always notorious for backing the winner in any coup attempts - sitting on the fence until the winner became apparent.

Comment from my Mrs: "I felt so happy when I saw the red shirts were ready to fight with their bare hands. Then someone felt sorry for them and decided to help them."

JESUS ... and this is a Thai with three university degrees! :banghead:

Reminds me of the Thai who thought Bob Hope had been a US president, and a university student who told me Gerald Ford owned the Ford Motor Company. :(

Send the Mrs up here with me for a holiday and I'll send mine down with you, I thought she was going to smash the TV when she saw the Red shirts marching Saturday.

And this is a Thai with solid Thaksin heartland qualifications.

mentors,

that's a kind though - assisting the dear PM on a nice domestic songkran trip down to his homeland in south Thailand?

but I say save your breath - he got his own chopper or 2 LOL.

instead could you perhaps offer a bit of help to all the 'lost causes' wondering around central bkk & still can't locate the morchit station & the bus home? :happyeaster: :patty:

That's a bit unfriendly. Could the naughty old Bangkok Post be changing horses in midstream?

Could be a few people covering their arses if they think there could be a change in government soonish. :hmmm:

That quote was from the UDD leader, not the govt -- he is the one who said he wouldnt' ID them or assist with the arrest.

Archived