Natthawut: 'Terrorists' rebel soldiers

Flashermac

K. Samak (RIP) was not sacked because he was on the cooking show.

He broke the law regarding paid compensation, after he was told by the EC that he could not be paid compensation by any private firm. He did it anyway, that was his problem.

Luckily he didn't have to worry about a work permit!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Hitler post I quoted did disappear, can't for the life of me think who made it, but maybe they deleted it while they still had time.

I brought up the comparison with Hitler.

However, you read it wrongly. I claimed that Thaksin in his 5 years as PM has been responsible for more deaths than Hitler in his first 5 years in power.

Actually you stated it in a way that most people would not understand that you referred only to Hitler's first 5 yrs only:

Not unbelievable but spot on. I said the same here in the forum back in 2001 already. Considering that Thaksin only ruled 5 years his death tally is even higher than Hitler's.

The biggest difference between these two power hungry despots is that Hitler followed a terrible ideology while Thaksin did it for his own gains only.

I hope will experience the same fate as Hitler. I always have to throw up when I he opens his mouth and I have to hear his lies.

(this thread: http://www.thai360.com/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/536799/post/834454/hl/hitler/fromsearch/1/#834454 )

And again, to refer to Hitler's first 5 yrs only is a really misleading cherry picking: if Hitler had only served 5 yrs, he wouldn't be famous today. It's what he did after that that he became known for. Up to 1938 he was a pretty run of the mill dictator.

I'm no fan of Thaksin, but it's silly to think he's as dangerous or deranged as Hitler, or to make comparisons that even vaguely suggest so. The patterns we see in his career suggest he was intent on becoming a dictator along the lines of Ferdinand Marcos or Suharto. (and just to be clear: those are 2 characters quite nasty enough to not wish on Thailand)

As the revelations about these reds who were using machine guns and grenades on Saturday come out, it's yet more reason Thaksin's a guy who'll use any means necessary to get what he wants.

So I actually do think a fair comparison about now is to those early Nazis in that it's easy to imagine the reds showing up at someone's door now and dragging them out to beat them or worse, of assassinations, etc. There's a reason the PM is in an army base now.

This is Thaksin's side. Do you see him doing anything now to try to stop it? There's your pattern: his side is violent, and he is silent. I guess we're supposed to imagine that he doesn't see what we see. He lets underlings do the necessary dirty work and pretends to stay above the fray.

But this whole situation is his creation. If not for him, none of this would be happening.

I know my first post has been misleading and I clarified my point in a second post.

Luckily the coup in 2006 removed Thaksin from power. As a German I really would have wished there has been a coup in Germany too before Hitler could initiate WWII.

I am also aware that Hitler and Thaksin can't be compared as person. One followed a gruesome ideology while the other just enriched himself.

Nevertheless there are many parallels how both men established and strengthened their power. Both encouraged the dissolution of smaller parties which then joined their movement, curbed on the freedom of press and expression, the entertainment, put various populist policies in place, spend millions of state money to spur the ailing economy, did strict law enforcement and discriminated minorities..... to name just a few.

I think we both agree that Thaksin belongs to Den Hag for crimes against humanity and it is a scandal that some countries are still harboring this criminal and let him organize his vendetta on Thailand from their soil.

Archived