Hotels in Ratchaprasong closed

Mekong

The managements of hotels locate in Ratchaprasong and nearby areas have this morning announced that for safety, they will close from noon on Tuesday to April 25, reports said.

The hotels include Grand Hyatt Erawan, Holiday Inn, Intercontinental and Centara Grand.

“We have asked our guests to check out at noon as our hotel will stop providing services at that timeâ€Â, one staff at Intercontinental hotel said on Tuesday morning.

The red-shirts have started gathering at Ratchaprasong intersection rally site.

Weng Tochirakarn, a core leader of the United front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), took to the rally stage to tell the red-shirts to wait for order from UDD leaders on places they will make mobile rally to.

Another UDD leader, Natthawut Sai Kuea, had yesterday declared that UDD will hold a mass mobile rally in Bangkok today, but did not tell the targeted locations. UDD leaders will disclose the targeted destinations at about 10am today. Link

<< “We have asked our guests to check out at noon as our hotel will stop providing services at that timeâ€Â, one staff at Intercontinental hotel said on Tuesday morning. >>

Oh, that's nice ... I suppose they can go sleep with the red shirts. :doah:

The last thing a hotel wants to do is shut down, obviously, but having their guests and staff held hostage, not being able to go to and fro is not desirable either.

The story reminded me of something I read on the net that you don't see too often, so I googled it.

It refers to the Finisterra Hotel in Cabo San Lucas, Baja, which used to be one of the grand ones there, back in the day.

[color:blue]Never Stay anywhere else in Cabo!

By john, 08/22/09

Was there for 9/11 and a 3 day stay turned in to 13 days. Staff was like family, very helpful ownership COMPED the 10 days extra. When we were on the way to the airport the couples we picked up along the way were wondering how to pay for the extended stay they were not expecting. This man that owns this hotel will forever have my loyalty and referrals. He treated his guests like his own family! An angel in my eyes.And by the way we found out the Finisterra was the only hotel in Cabo to do this! Does this say enough?[/color]

Link

Archived