Melbourne Storm go from hero to zero

gobbledonk

Yep, beating every team that makes it to the finals by a decent margin would be one way of giving the NRL the finger, but they werent undefeated in previous seasons, even with their star-studded lineup. They are definitely in a position to make some of the more fancied teams very nervous in the lead up to the finals - finishing in the bottom half of the eight makes it so much harder to go all the way to the GF. Also not sure how happy any player would be to sustain a serious injury in a game where there are no points on offer.

Storm defeat Warriors by 30+....NRL point made me thinks

Will the Warriors appeal their loss of points? After all they were beaten by a side which by breaching the salary cap has an unfair advantage (more top players than anyone else could afford).

i know they can't at the moment, it was just a scenario bought up on the radio during the week.

Storm boss was on the radio today, says they are looking for sponsors to sponsor some kind of charity thingy where each game storm win the sponsors donate $ toa charity... gives them and the supporters something to play for.

Why do they need a sponsor then? Just donate money for each win from ticket sales/tv contracts/food and beverage sold/apparel sold/etc. I'm a dimwit but if they get a sponsor, then it's not really their own money they are donating.

Or are you saying they are looking for a charity to give to?

Hey Troy, (love the avatar btw, I worked with a guy who looked pretty close to that... he was hilarious).

Yes they are looking at which charities but also some name sponsors to jump on board. Definately a marketing ploy, and good on them, they need it, but I got the impression the main aim (other than supporting charities) was to give the members, fans and players a reason to win. At the moment they get nothing if they win a game. No points, just pride.

Archived