Troops in red bandanas

Wallenda

Just watched reports on CNN and BBC which showed the troops at Silom area, many of whom had red bandanas over their uniform. I'd say it was possibly MOST of them that I saw in the clips.

Imagine the Allies in France in WW2 wearing nazi armbands.

Just yet one more aspect of this fiasco that defies belief.

You ex (or current) military guys out there: what would happen to you if you were involved in an operation like this and decided to wear an emblem of your adversary on top of your uniform?

Another aspect: as a guy standing next to that guy with teh bandana, I'm thinking OK so... obviously I'm going to be the target here. Thanks buddy.

Presumably there's a commanding officer. Who either isn't paying any attention or knows and allows it.

Slow down there cowboy. Those bandannas are unit ID markers. They come in -- at least that I have seen -- red, blue, green, yellow and white. Much easier to quickly ID who's who than looking for a black/subdued insignia on a BDU.

Now ask me the wisdom of using red and yellow as an ID color in this way, and I'll agree that it is kinda silly. But nothing nefarious.

Slow down there cowboy. Those bandannas are unit ID markers. They come in -- at least that I have seen -- red, blue, green, yellow and white. Much easier to quickly ID who's who than looking for a black/subdued insignia on a BDU.

Now ask me the wisdom of using red and yellow as an ID color in this way, and I'll agree that it is kinda silly. But nothing nefarious.

Ah ok. Well that's alright then. Never mind. ;)

Red bandanas belong to the artillery and the engineers. Blue is infantry, yellow cavalry. :doah:

Green? Maybe the environmentalists. White bandanas ... must be French or Italians. ;)

p.s. Ironically, the US Army's 45th Infantry Division used a swastika as its shoulder patch. For obvious reasons this was changed in 1939 to a thunderbird.

555555555555 Who invited the French?

Red, blue & yellow definitely military. The yellow being best armed.

I saw green on police, either in normal dark blue "SWAT" or military-style "jungle" BDUs. White was medics, tho' some had a white armband with a red cross instead.

Archived