Chachoengsao police HQ blocked

Mekong

About 200 red shirts laid siege to the provincial police headquarters in the eastern province of Chachoengsao to prevent police from being sent to Bangkok.

They blocked all three gates of the headquarters with 15 mini-buses and took turns verbally attacking the government for using force against the people.

They decided to lay siege to the police HQ on learning that two companies of anti-riot police would be sent from Chachoengsao to Bangkok to take part in the government's planned crackdown on the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship protesters at the Ratchaprasong intersection.

Pol Maj Gen Monthon Mee-anan called for an urgent meeting of police to discuss this matter.

Meanwhile, police reported that metal spikes were found to have been scattered at various locations in Chachoengsao, including on Highway 304 (the Chachoengsao-Kabin Buri road), the gateway to Bangkok.

Link

Guest lazyphil

you're too easy to get a bite!!....of course i understand the plight those assholes are putting regular thais through, makes me puke reading it.....THEy are the selfish ones not i.....just a mere word on the internet, they are fucking up lives for what????

can i be forgiven for being a bit pissed off my travel plans could get ruined?....

You come out with a whiney selfish comment and you accuse me of biting, what a parhetic defence.

Boo Hoo Poor Phil and his travel plans

CHAGE THEM

And think yourself lucky you are not flying Ryanair, at least there will be no rebooking charges.

Guest lazyphil

once again, we prove robaus we're not mates!!!!

i dont have a crystal ball so i cant see whats going to happen in august, might be over, might be all out civil war, so as of now i'm not changing, if its the later, civil war we'll just change at bkk to penang for the 3 weeks....if ryanair started long haul i'd be the first inline to use.

further more, august is the only time i can go, i cant take my daughter out of school in term time, i'll get arrested proberbly and be deemed a reckless uncaring parent!

once again, we prove robaus we're not mates!!!!

I'm glad we have that sorted :beer:

Joking aside, if the situation got to the stage where British FCO advised against all travel to Thailand then airlines will be obliged to either reschedule your flights or refund your monies.

More of a slight inconvience as opposed to an unmitagated disaster.

As for Civil War, well I started another thread about "Red Shirt Road Blocks" and the complaints that are started to be reported, that along with Blocking Police and Troop movements, occupations, grenade attacks etc may not be out and out civil war but its signs of lawlessness

This whole situation is getting soo bizarre. I can hardly believe what's happening. It's like the worst joke ever.

Only good thing is that when I was down in Suk the other day, it was soo nice and quiet. Just me and the massage girls and they were soo disillusioned that they wouldn't even scream 'hansum man' when I walked passed. It's like that movie 'Legion' with Will Smith but I cant figure out if I should look at the bar girls or the red shirts as being those sickened demons... A fantasy for sure, but in the current state of affairs, reality is hard to find.

Archived