Zomg! Red cars in the Royal motorcade?

KimDidMeGood

There were quite a bunch of Red cars at the end of the Royal Motorcade transferring from Siriraj to Grand Palace.

What the hell was that? I suppose it's just some funny coincidence, but it was quite striking.

Or maybe invited officials sympathetic to the UDD?

Someone can enlighten me?

Probably limos carrying the assorted politicians to the Brahmin ceremony. White would be the poobahs, yellow next in prominence and red the ones they didn't much like?

The ceremony itself was intriguing. I was watching the TV at a restaurant, and it was so unfamiliar that several Thais walked closer to the TV to see what was going on. It was a Hindu ceremony, not at all Buddhist.

Hope the Post or some papers explains what was happening, since I was lost. HM and the queen were seated, with their children standing first in line. I recognised various politicians (no reds), then the military - all sort of forming a hollow square facing HM.

HM the King marks Coronation Day

1:14pm

His Majesty the King has presided over a merit making to mark the Coronation Day at the Amarin Vinijchai Throne Hall in the Royal Grand Palace.

He was accompanied by Her Majesty the Queen, HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and members of the royal family.

The ceremony was attended by Senate Speaker Prasopsuk Boondej, House Speaker Chai Chidchob, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda, former prime ministers Banharn Silpa-archa, Gen Surayud Chulanont, Anand Panyarachun and armed forces chiefs.

BP

Probably limos carrying the assorted politicians to the Brahmin ceremony. White would be the poobahs, yellow next in prominence and red the ones they didn't much like?

Doesn't seem to be that, I might be wrong but it looked like the political and military official were already in place while that motorcade was proceeding to the Grand Palace.

Archived