Early check in - Sukhumvit hotel??

fatbastard33

All I'm saying is that the Nana's the worst place I've stayed in Bangkok.

quote]

Full of fat, balding, old, has been mongers. And some with young gals under their arms. Awful.

But one free drink coupon upon arrival. I don't think the Marriott next door even offers that.

And what the hell does three *'s mean anyway?

• 2 weeks later...
after an early arriving in the morning a good choice is the giant Ambassador Hotel.

The Ambassador is not guest-friendly, and the clientele is heavily Arab. (Remind me to tell you my elevator story sometime, next time we're both in town and at a Board meeting.)

Royal President is guest-friendly, does a much nicer job of taking care of their clientele (in my opinion), costs about the same amount as the Ambassador, and is quite a bit nicer.

The only drawbacks I've seen are that the tower is not nearly as tall, and it doesn't have floor-to-ceiling windows, so you don't have quite as spectacular a view, and you can't turn off the lights and do the long kiss in front of the floor-to-ceiling window fantasy thing.

Yes, I've stayed at Royal President. The only reason I haven't been there lately is that Nana Hotel was more convenient, not bad, and a little cheaper. For the late summer/early fall trip this year, I'm probably going to Royal President. Next spring's trip will almost certainly be Royal President: I've had enough of Royal Benja for a few years.

Archived