Thaksin, left Paris to London

Sporty

According to the french official Thaksin said he won't return to France but the event organizers say that he left Paris TEMPORARILY for London. Which one is true?

I guess it's like that prisoners dilemma, if one prisoner always lies and one always tells the truth, and one sometimes lies and sometimes tells the truth.

In this case, it would be easy: whatever Thaksin says is always the lie. So the only question is does the french minister always tell the truth?

Yeah I thought he was banned from Britain too. Maybe that was also a lie, that he was going there.

But yeah on CNN they have that Truth-O-Meter. I think Thaksin would have the needle perpetually on Pants On Fire.

We sure as hell don't want him here! And as others have said I thought he had his visa cancelled and a very large sum of money seized by HM Revenue and Customs? And last I'd heard he had'nt tried to show a court here the money was legitimately his to get it back.

Simie.

The BBC reported that his diplomatic status had been cancelled. That doesn't mean he couldn't apply for a normal visa. I didn't hear anything about any money being seized by HM Revenue.

Can't remember where I saw it as it was a while ago but definately read about HM R&C seizing a large amount of his funds (under money laundering legislation) he tried to ship into the UK.

Simie.

p.s. if he was able to enter the UK legally don't you think he would have based himself here where he has several expensive comfortable homes rather than scuttling back and forth from the likes of Montenegro, Cambodia, Uganda etc?

Possibly. The UK advised him that he wouldn't be allowed to do any politics here so that may have stopped him from returning. Or maybe he was pissed off at being forced to sell Man City (loss of face) so decided not to return. I don't think I will ever know the truth as what I read from the Bangkok Post and the Nation I trust much less than the BBC.

His ego was the problem IMHO. He could have come here and lived quietly and comfortably popping off to the south of France whenever he fancied a bit of sun with no problems. But his mouth and ego kept getting in the way as he drew attention to himself.

Simie.

Archived