arghhh! affidavit for tourist visa, a quest.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly did not resort to any PERSONAL insults. And the expression i used is more a figure of speech than a deliberate attack on someone or his GF as was the case with dung. I hope you will admit to that.

As far as immigration is concerned, you are forgetting a few centuries, to this day actually. the percentage of people being naturalized while not being born in the USA is the highest in the world, unless you want to bring Monaco or Vatican in the debate. 100 of 000s people enter the country legally every year to work and possibly (i do not exactly recall the numbers) a couple 00 000s are naturalized every year too.

New technology was not the only thing exploited. Ever heard the word slavery? Chinese laborers were also critical in building railways and the infrastructures that jumpstarted a california wealth they then did not really share in. These days, who works in the farmlands and orchards of the southern States, still including California, for low wages, and sometimes guarded by armed militias. ETc...

The fear about your son's education smacks of racism, unwillingly i am sure, since we all know well immigrants and naturalized citizens are in their majority not caucasian . So since it was the subject, do you really fear a horde of thai girls invading the country? Who are you kidding? Like it or not, the ethnic fabric of this country is ever changing and yes, that is what makes for his vibrancy. there are definitely sound and curbing immigration laws in this country, and i'd abide by them, but are you telling me i cannot marry someone unless she is born in this country or belongs to an ethnie or nationality you may approve of. Your opinions are most unsettling in their xenophobia, but fortunately, that is all they are.

Pattaya, I think you need to find another avenue if you really want your GF to get to the states. You said in an earlier post, you wanted her to come to the US to basically see if she could adjust to living here. Am I correct? If so, you would go through the marriage/fiance visa procedures to make the arrangment permanent.Am I correct again? If the answers are yes, why not just file for the K-1? If you want to wait till she can come on a B2 to see if she likes it here, you may be waiting a very long time. Her chances of getting a B2 are very slim.If you applied for the I-129F and she was granted the K1 visa (fiance visa), she has 90 days in which to get married once she steps on American soil. If she seems to be adjusting well, and that is not easy for Thai women in general, then get married. If not, she goes back to Thailand within that 90 day window. A word of warning tho, don't use the K-1 route as a way of just getting her here for a visit. If you do, ie, get her here on a K-1 with no intentions of marrying, that is considered visa fraud. That in itself could give you problems in the future. Rather serious problems if the INS decides to play "hardball." Now the ball's in your court. If what you want is permanancy, go the K-1 route. There's no reason to moan and groan about INS, really State Dept., policy about issuing visitor's visas. There's really nothing you can do about it. You just have to find another way to attain your goals. In your case, the K-1 would be the best alternate route. Now on the other hand, if you're not really serious about the situation, you'll just have to be content seeing her on your trips to Thailand because her chances of actually getting that B2 visa are very, very slim. If you decide to go K-1, there are many here that have gone that route and would be happy to offer advise and help. Even though some of the relationships have bombed out, me included,the process is still the same. Now it's decision time on your part. Good luck,HSTEACH

I do know about the K1 requirement to marry her within 3 months. It is worth thinking about before to file for it.

On the other hand, this list should be able to take in a few personal comments on immigration difficulties even if "one can't do nothing about it". There are so many comments on Nana about thai ways, laws and idiosyncracies we will never change, should we abstain to give one's opinion too?

I am also sorry there are 2 fellows on this list who feel they have to personally insult me if they disagree with me. I may take on an argument with someone, but i see no use in attacking people from behind a screen. Even my quote about racism was not a direct insult as i indicated this is how i perceived his comment, not him directly.

his last diatribe speaks more about his politics than sound knowledge about the subject, but since no one, I am sure is interested to read from us any further on this off-topic subject, i will leave it at that. Still, i thank him for giving me permission to bring my GF if i choose to.

Yes, you can use the I-134 for a tourist visa. Will it help? Who knows. It can't hurt. It is very difficult to get the visa and some get one and some don't even when in almost identical situations.

Tried with my GF last month. I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I told her to be sure to bring proof of ownership of the new house she just finished building the month before. She said no problem. Well, the embassy guys must have gotten quite a laugh when she showed them the proof. A photo. They told her what she needs, said the I-134 would help, she already had a letter from me, and they also suggested that I send her coppies of my passport and Thai visa stamps (even tho this was not a K-1). I sent all that. She is going to try again after Songkran.

Another screw up, when I was coming to Chiang Mai I wanted to go with her to get the visa. Told her to make sure she paid the fee first at the post office. At the post office they told her no, she pays after. SO we could not go together to get the visa as there was only the one day the visa window was open before we left for Mae Hong Son.

I sometimes think she just doesn't want to come. She is totally convinced that she will freeze to death in America, even tho it will be July in San Diego. Just can't convince her otherwise.

could you send her pix of San diego with palm trees and sunny beaches. There are many thais leaving near San Diego, like in Escondido, maybe views of a thai temple or restaurants would tip the balance. But as you know now, photos are no proof (LOL), so who knows? Good luck.

Yes, I have sent her some photos. I was going to take some last week at the Cambodian New Years celebration last week end, but it was cold and rainy. Maybe better luck at the Songkran celebration in Escondido (on the 28th for some strange reason). I think she is really only joking with me now about it (it too cold in America, I die). I offered to take her to play in some snow when she gets here, but she wants no part of that. I guess she will have to wait to see snow when the ski slope opens in Chiang Mai.

[color:blue]I am also sorry there are 2 fellows on this list who feel they have to personally insult me if they disagree with me.color=blue>

You have a short memory. The first "insult" was lobbed by you when, instead of choosing to debate the topic, you chose to characterize others' comments as "whining". Not to mention the insults that you made regarding your poor fiance's intelligence and abilities.

But, from prior experience, I have learned that any reasoned debate with you is impossible, so like DB, I'll let your selfish, contradictory and nonsensical words stand on their own.

Archived