Roland Garros - French Open

Pescator

Congratulations to the aussies in here.

Sam Stosur did it great today, beating the defending champion, Serena Williams.

It has been great to watch her play throughout the tournament when she even defeated the 4 times champion Justine Henin. (fan of her too)

Cadeua to Stosur! Go girl, go!

She will take the title now as will Robin Soderling in the men`s game.

You may be right on the women's side but I hate to burst your bubble but there is a healthy Raphael Nadal on the men's side that will not only defeat whoever is on the other side of the net this tourney, will regain the number 1 spot in doing so. I'm not a fan of his, just being realistic.

Last year at Roland Garros showed otherwise.

Nadal was beaten by ... Robin Soderling.

Since then Soderling has developed his game even further.

Bo better proof of that when he beat last year`s winner Roger Federer in the quarter finale.

Last year at Roland Garros showed otherwise.

Nadal was beaten by ... Robin Soderling.

Since then Soderling has developed his game even further.

Bo better proof of that when he beat last year`s winner Roger Federer in the quarter finale.

I guess that's why they play the matches instead of having guys like us call in the winner. Nadal's history on clay is well-known but let me give some details.

He's like 202-16 overall on clay. He's won 4 French Opens and had an 81 match win steak on clay from 2005-07. A total of 28 clay court titles already puts him 5th on that list. I could go on but it would be boring.

He might be one of the best ever already and he's only 24. This kid may end up with all the records if he can stay healthy.

She (Stosur) will take the title now as will Robin Soderling in the men`s game.

Well........you're half wrong so far. Wanna change your mind on the other half yet? :)

(The bold in the quote is from me as I wanted to be clear on who was being talked about.

Maybe time for Sam Stosur to change coaches.

Greg Norman would be perfect for the job IMHO

He's an absolute Expert in losing titles that SHOULD have been his....

Ahhh well....shouldn't build the mantle piece....until ya got sumfin' to put on it I guess

As my old grandpappy used to say....ya caint make an omlette till the dang chook shits...

She (Stosur) will take the title now as will Robin Soderling in the men`s game.

Well........you're half wrong so far. Wanna change your mind on the other half yet? :)

(The bold in the quote is from me as I wanted to be clear on who was being talked about.

Yeah, yeah, rub it in. :p

There goes my career as a potential replacement for Mats Willander in "Game Set and Mats".....

Good thing though, that I don`t put my money where my mouth is.

Me ol` dad has this wonderful stragedy: Bet on the strongest opposing team/guy.

This is a win/win situation.

If your guy wins, you will be happy.

If the opponent wins, at least you will win some dough and be somewhat content.

I must say that Francesca Schiavone, the italian terrier played a formidable agressive match and won deservedly.

Didn`t have the opportunity to watch the men`s final, but as the result turned out, I am glad I didn`t. :censored:

Archived