RIP Manute Bol

TroyinEwa/Perv

Another anecdotal story associated with Bol that few know is his very close friendship with NBA great Chris Mullin. In fact, one of Bol's sons is named Chris. Also, Chris' brother, John, played for Manute's alma mater, University of Bridgport, and it was rumored that Manute had a say in that.

I love stories of friendships or marriages that cross cultural and racial lines. It gives me hope. They were very close freinds and I heard Bol was often at Mullin's home for dinner on holidays, etc. during their playing times. Friendship betwween a black Sudanese guy and a Irish American guy from Brooklyn. Love stories like that.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2010/06/19/mullin-on-manute-bol-every-moment-was-an-event-with-manute/

Sounds like a long doping career to me. nevertheless, he was a great man!!

Wow....really a lame comment. Engage mouth, disengage brain, I suppose. :rolleyes: I seriously doubt this man would have ever been accused of any doping by anyone who knew better.

Just a reminder for all, directed at no one in particular....when one makes a stupid comment and wishes to retract it.....the delete option is available for 30 minutes after the post.

Archived