How does one become a katoey?

tartempion

We were eating yesterday at a local restaurant/karaoke joint. A 10 year old girl was passing by our table regularly bringing drinks to the karaoke room. Then she sat next to our table eating a bowl of noodles. Looking at her face I was troubled: a boy's face, definitely :surprised:

Thus I asked the GF, reply: one word without looking up: katoey.

Now that got me.

Then later at home she told me her younger sister oldest son (3 years old) acts like a katoey: doesn't want his hair to be cut, paint his fingernails, wears earrings etc. Not that this worries her, seems rather amusing!

I'll watch out and observe the boy in my future visits.

Now I remember acting like that when I was 3-4: painting fingernails, wearing my mother's earrings etc.

When I was 5 I had a set of rotan chairs and played family with dolls.

When I was 6 I had 3 trucks and a crane and moved a pile of sand from one place in the garden to an other, then I played with soldiers and guns and a mecano and Lego blocks.

I guess I grew out of female behavior.

I did go to kindergarten age 4-5 and was in love with the caretaker, Maria was her name. Did that help or is it how mothers behave when boys show feminine traits.

Do Thai mothers keep (encourage) their sons in such behavior?

I can add at the same restaurant there is a 20tyish katoey serving food also, not present yesterday, same family???

Me thinks, only my idea, is that there is no male personality in the household thus the child has no male role model, only the mother, ladies, thus a katoey might be created.

I know this is a bit of a football and kicked back and forth. SOme say, it is in the genes/DNA :dunno:

I have no personal experience in seeing boy growing up and become gay, but I think most don't become gay, they are.

Maybe in LOS it is easier to show this in early age, maybe it is even supported by the family, while in most other countries parents/relatives/teachers/classmates e.g. don't appreciate it, thus the often painfully "coming-out" during or after puberty.

I have a gay colleague who told me he already knew he was gay when he was 9 years old. He said breasts don't interest him, since they "are simply fat" (not exactly accurate). So just what does he think an erect pecker is? It's some spongy tissues temporarily swollen with blood! How appealing ... :p

Archived