can't book a room with latestays or asiawebdirect

tartempion

Can't book a room with latesays and asiawebdirect:

Where they ask your credit card details they also ask a "service number" and it is a required field: ? explains it's the tel number of your credit card provider you find at the back of your card.

No such number on any of my credit cards :shakehead

What will they ask next? Any of you have such a number?

I guess they will miss out some bookings, plenty of fish available, booked elsewhere.

My guess is it's the 3 digit security number on the back of your card. Try plugging that in.

No no, see "Service Phone" somewhere down the fields:

I see they also want your full adress, I did not get that far, because Service Phone, required field, me no have.

Furthermore all my credit/debit cards online verifications go through a digital signature process requiring a special calculator, 10 digit user number, insert card into machine, provide card pin code into machine combined with security number displayed on screen. Then you input the resulting 8 digit number.

Thus many online systems are not able to detect the security process behind such cards, although Versign should detect that and leave all the useless rubbish of service phone adress etc out :susel: IT still has a long way to go.

Even my own bank can not show my credit card available funds, ie credit limit - reservations although they update daily credit card spendings.

They also don't show paid invoices, thus I need to figure out myself what remains to be spent.

Credit Card Type : VISA Master Card

Click to Verify - This site has chosen a VeriSign SSL Certificate to improve Web site security

ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES

Name on Card: The credit card holder has to be checking in

Card Number :

Security Code : The last 3-digit number on the back of your Visa/MasterCard OR the 4-digit number on the front of your American Express card above the credit card number

Expiry Date : /

Issuing Bank : The bank who issued this credit card

Service Phone : Service phone number listed on back of the card

Billing Address : Where the card is registered.

City : Where the card is registered.

LK: no, did not try fake tel #, booked elsewhere with booking.com no pre-payment and 24h cancellation policy -

was important factor, my Alzheimer father is ailing.

I visited many hotel websites direct before choosing both hotels and direct was always more expensive.

I would just go directly to the hotel site I wanted to book. Just yesterday I booked my hotel for my upcoming trip. I went to Agoda, Direct Rooms, Thailand Discount Hotels and the hotel website and the price was higher than it used to be in all cases.

So I emailed the hotel sales manager directly and asked WTF why were slow season prices so high and how I was a long time customer. I was immediately given a 20% discount making the lowest price I ever got from this hotel. Only about 1 in 10 times do I get a better deal with a booking agent than the hotel sites.

JMHO S1

Archived