Logistics - Shipping

persil

I need to ship some books from BKK to NY State -USA

About 300 kg.

Looking for a logistics firm, who can arrange pick-up, maybe crating, paperwork and deliver door to door.

Like to minimise cost, so shipping instead or airfreight I think. Any suggestions?

I'm gonna go ahead and be Mr. Obvious. Did you call Fed Ex, DHL or UPS?? If you're looking for door to door, freight forwarders may not be able to do that without using one of the above mentioned anyway so it may be more expensive. No idea, just thinking out loud.

I'd call each of them and get a quote and see if they'll do the packing too. That part of it might be rough but maybe they have that service.

>Don't Fed Ex, DHL or UPS charge by weight? So 660lbs of books is gonna cost more to freight than the value of the books? You want to use one of those companies that ships personal effects around the world and charge by volume.<

I think you're right.

i have written emails to about 5 or 6 firms that i found online, which advertise such services. To date, only on replied to say they didn't do what i want. No other replies.

Several of them have websites, but with no email contact address. some of the websites are dysfunctional.

One BM gave m a good link by PM, will see where that goes.

Try the Crown Group. They are international movers, who I have used to move my personal effects a couple of times, including Thailand to Dubai.

Crown Worldwide Group - Bangkok Klongtoey

116/90-91 SSP Tower II, 24/F, Na Ranong Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand

Tel: (+662) 249 0219

Fax: (+662) 249 9036

Email: bangkok@crownrelo.com

Leon Hulme

General Manager

Direct Line: (66) 2 249 0219

Email: lhulme@crownrelo.com

Archived