1000 Western extras needed in October

waerth

I did a commercial once - in Thai. They kept me practicing it over and over, with me drinking wine every time. (It was for a top hotel restaurant.) Eventually, I had no idea what I was saying - and that was the take they used! My Thai friends told me they all saw it ... and said I "pretended to speak Thai". By that time I couldn't have spoken English either. :drunk:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok many questions I will try to answer the most important ones:

Work Permit: I have never seen work permits provided for any of this kind of work not even when I had main parts. I have heard about one production that provided them, was Black Beard in Surat Thani, a couple of years ago.

Money: For this movie, I do not know the budget yet. I will hear it prolly 2 days for the start. BUT ... I do not take any jobs for which I can pay people less than 1500 baht (approx 50 us dollars I believe) as an extra for a full day (12 hours on set + 1 hours lunch + xxx hours traveling to set if distance is far might get an extra 300 baht traveling money) 2 meals are usually provided one on arrival and one on break.

This movie will need people multiple days so if out of town a sleeping place will be provided and usually also a 3rd meal.

I spoke someone last night and I heard a lot of movies coming to Thailand in the coming months till March! So lots of work and a lot of big Hollywood productions actually :). I am not allowed to give names though :( There are a lot of crews in town scouting at the moment!!

I happened to be in Black Beard as an extra and there was no work permit included. Was just for a days work though, two meals I thin and a nights stay in a hotel in Surat town. Shooting was done in Khanom. Can't speak for people who did multiple day jobs as extra.

I do alot of this in California. I am a military re-enactor. If a company wants a real good authentic war movie, they get us and we get top pay. If they don't want our rates (usually $25-/day) then we tell them to take a walk. For us it's fun and an opportunity to promote history.

I will ring you tomorrow at a "decent" hour and maybe I have say, 3 ~ 4 others that are interested.

I need to email some photos and a Cv...rest assured, we are all handsum men (except for me, the old fart) :dunno:

Good, I am in Bang Saen at the moment at my friends restaurant.

W

Archived