California Cops Taser Senior Citizen in His Own Home

cavanami

I am of two minds about this. And there is a part that is not explained; it is where he admits he told them he was going to shoot himself in the head.

I dont know about Ca, but we were taught to take a person down that says stuff like that at all costs. The reason? 30 to 40% of them try to take someone else with them too!

Another issue here is this guy kept cussing at the cops even after they had their guns out. True he may have been right to do so, but everyone knows, once the guns or tazers come out, someone is going to get it. Why not just go to the hospital like they wanted him too? Would have saved a lot of pain.

Also, the video shows that the cops were not the only people there. You can see the feet (reflective tape and boots) of fire dept or rescue workers as well. So at the least, there will be a lot of witnesses to this.

It will be interesting to see how this goes in court. And on a lighter note, who would not want to be in on that money?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am of two minds about this. And there is a part that is not explained; it is where he admits he told them he was going to shoot himself in the head.

I dont know about Ca, but we were taught to take a person down that says stuff like that at all costs. The reason? 30 to 40% of them try to take someone else with them too!

Another issue here is this guy kept cussing at the cops even after they had their guns out. True he may have been right to do so, but everyone knows, once the guns or tazers come out, someone is going to get it. Why not just go to the hospital like they wanted him too? Would have saved a lot of pain.

Also, the video shows that the cops were not the only people there. You can see the feet (reflective tape and boots) of fire dept or rescue workers as well. So at the least, there will be a lot of witnesses to this.

It will be interesting to see how this goes in court. And on a lighter note, who would not want to be in on that money?

I think this whole issue revolves around at [color:red]'who called the cops'[/color] in te first place.

Another issue is he did tell them to get the [color:red]'fark'[/color] out of his house.

But the major issue issue is people don't trust cops and there is a perception that cops love beating up on [color:red]'inocent'[/color] people.

In Arizona, not that long ago, police [color:red]'buffaloing'[/color] people was common in certain places.

I think this whole issue revolves around at [color:red]'who called the cops'[/color] in te first place.

Another issue is he did tell them to get the [color:red]'fark'[/color] out of his house.

But the major issue issue is people don't trust cops and there is a perception that cops love beating up on [color:red]'inocent'[/color] people.

In Arizona, not that long ago, police [color:red]'buffaloing'[/color] people was common in certain places.

All very true. It appears to me that unlike what was said by the reporter, EMS was there. You can see them. And at some point he did tell someone he was going to shoot himself.

I suspect he told one of the EMS guys that, and they called the cops. Once that or something like that happens, the "get out of my house" rule goes out the window.

In Arizona' date=' not that long ago, police [b'][color:red]'buffaloing'[/color][/b] people was common in certain places.

All very true. It appears to me that unlike what was said by the reporter, EMS was there. You can see them. And at some point he did tell someone he was going to shoot himself.

I suspect he told one of the EMS guys that, and they called the cops. Once that or something like that happens, the "get out of my house" rule goes out the window.

Police have to use a little bit more discretion. For example, when a person is hurt and in pain, is what a person says the words of a sane person?

Part of the problem goes back to our education schools which don't really teach the students what tools they really need in life. For example, a person gets pulled over and the police officer ask them to step out of the car. They step out of the car and leave the door open. Next the officer searches the car over the protest of the car owner. In some cases the incident escalates, and the car owner gets arrested. All of this could have been prevented if the car owner had been taught what really are his rigts and what he can and can ot do.

Today you are told to STAY IN THE CAR ... and you'd better keep your hands on the wheel. As a young fella I was taught to get out and show you were cooperating with the police. But apparently there have been too many loonies who got out shooting.

I wouldn't want to be a cop, no matter what the money. It's a thankless job and one that can get you killed for no reason.

Archived